Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Quitting remains the only way
There’s a common belief that reducing the number of cigarettes per day necessarily means fewer risks for heavy smokers. Heavy smokers meaning persons that smoke more than 15 cigarettes a day. After all, one pack a day must be better than two packs a day.

Most people I know who smoke, even if not willing to quit, have moments when they are worried about smoking effects on their health. When I was smoking, I sometimes had the same issue. So cutting back on number of smoked cigarettes becomes a goal. It eases your mind and has some impact on your budget. And it looks like no more good would come of such a policy.

Recent studies show that quitting remains the only way to reduce risks. A long-term Norwegian study, of more than 51,000 men and women aged between 20 and 34, found stubbing out was the only way to cut the risk. More information on the study, published in the Tobacco Control journal, here.

posted by Alina @ 10:48 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11/28/2006 12:09 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    When asked, I could never tell why I started smoking. That's why I also stopped. No good can come out of it in my opinion.

     
  • At 11/28/2006 12:46 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I started because it was cool. I stopped when it became uncool (from my point of view). And yes, no good can come out of it.

     
  • At 11/28/2006 4:49 PM, Blogger Willie Baronet said…

    Alina, thanks for posting about this. I lost my mom to lung cancer. She was a heavy smoker. I think if people could see how much suffering that type of illness causes they would be more inclined to quit. :-)

     
  • At 11/28/2006 4:58 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Sorry to hear about that! I can only imagine how hard that must be! My parents are both heavy smokers and I do fear for them sometimes.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.