Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, November 24, 2006
Who else is afraid of Romanian and Bulgarian workers?
Netherlands joined a consistent list of EU countries that try to avoid problems with a possible inflow of Romanian and Bulgarian workers on its market once the two countries join the EU in January next year. Its Government announced on Thursday that the the country will open its labor market to Bulgarian, Romanian employees gradually over a period of two years starting January 1, 2007. Full story on Hotnews.

Oh, well, I still don't get it, people...Do they really think there cannot be too many workers after more than two years? I don't. I think those wanting to work there will get it done. Or they will all wait for the two years to pass and then run for it!

powered by performancing firefox
posted by Alina @ 9:43 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11/26/2006 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The way countires are ran never makes sense to me.. The sense of time is always soo WRONG

     
  • At 11/26/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well,at least I'm not trying to make any sense of it anymore...

     
  • At 11/26/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Cristina Banu said…

    Considering the fact that Netherlands has the best protective social regulations in all European countries, this measure doesn't surprise me at all. The Dutch government considered for sure the possibility that many Dutch workers will protest due to the low salaries that will be accepted by the Romanians and Bulgaruans therefore they might not get jobs so easily. Anyway, from my point of view, they will not stop the inflow of workers because this will be in the interest of companies who evidently benefit from providing low salaries.

     
  • At 11/26/2006 8:16 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    i'd agree with cristina in some ways, in others i know that the dutch people in essence are totally different to the policies carried out by their governments during the last few (too many) years...

    the dutch have a tradition of tolerance, of being able to help those in need and those who who needed "second chances" but during the last 15 years or so have been blinded by the chilling winds of indifference have blown across the continent, inspired by reagan/thatcher/neoliberal econonic principles...

    the world is changing, the world is coming back to it's core principles, economic realism is dying and the human spirit is reviving once again...

    i know it sounds stupid, but a few days ago the government which supported restrictive policies has been swept away by an electorate which demanded a more social, accommodating approach in both domestic and foreign policies... i wept tears of gratitude for the people who showed that they still had a heart, who were willing to listen to their inner convictions...

    keep well...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.