Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, November 20, 2006
Tourism history, again
I wonder why each class taught within the Tourism faculty has to start with the early history of tourism. Yes, I understand it has all started before Christ with the Greeks offering housing for the Olympics. I further get it that the Romans traveled to get to certain mineral or thermal springs. And that young British gentlemen liked to take tours round Europe to learn and broaden their views.

Now, why does that need to be repeated a few times per semester? It’s not that complicated, I can actually remember it for more than three months…Be it Tourism Economics, Tourism Geography, Management, they all start the same way. Simply boring.

Two tests today, same class. One with theory, the other one with applications. From 5 different types of applications they chose the 2 simplest ones. I sometimes wish RAU was more demanding and challenging. Maybe I would give more than about 3 hours to such tests...

posted by Alina @ 5:25 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11/20/2006 5:51 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    There's an old and well known saying, that goes something like "repetition is the mother of knowledge". :) Maybe it better for it not being too challenging. This way, you can concentrate on your personal interests and studies. Not to mention blogging (or me asking you to help translate weird words or expressions).

     
  • At 11/20/2006 5:58 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Reptitio mater studiorum, yes, up to a point, then it simply gets boring :). I chose this very faculty because I had an interest in tourism and tourism economics, so i do wish it were more challenging. As for blogging and helping you, I could still do that. i am multitasking :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.