Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, November 17, 2006
On Time Management
Time management includes tools or techniques for planning and scheduling time, usually with the aim to increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of personal and corporate time use. These are embodied in a number of books, seminars and courses, which may offer conflicting advice. The common denominators of these strategies are a to-do-list, setting priorities and goal management. Some of the best known examples of time management strategies are tied to specific lines of time management products.”

Out of curiosity, I started reading a little on this issue online. There is talk of tools, optimizing everything, efficiency, success, and rules like “Concentrate on results, not on being busy”. As far as I am concerned, they should start with one thing: first you have to convince yourself to act according to your plan. Because most of us can learn how to write a to-do list extremely fast!

Yes, you need to prioritize, see what is really important. True, but what if you know exactly what you need to do, the order of completing each task, but you simply don’t feel like it? Because, when there are things to do outside office hours and you don’t get them done, there are no immediate consequences to fear. Like writing an article after work, when you could just watch TV…

I see time management as something generally applicable. Work, school, spare time you dedicate to different people. It should be explained and taught using a broader view. Not only in relation to office hours. It should be an all time fail proof strategy! And include solution to overcome the need of a caffeine-to-veins pumping mechanism!

posted by Alina @ 9:46 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 11/17/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger zee said…

    i suck at time management...but im gonna start priortising from today...well just after i waste time at work reading blogs;)))

     
  • At 11/17/2006 4:24 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    That's a great plan, Zee! :P

     
  • At 11/17/2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Cristina Banu said…

    Time management is appropriate for people who have a high degree of self control, who can censure themselves out of relaxing times. Sometimes even I can do this but there are times when I can't find the energy to do what I should and planned to do. I think this self control comes with experience and a high degree of self-motivation.

     
  • At 11/17/2006 5:20 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Quite true, Cris. That helps prove my theory. You cannot teach it to just anybody, they need other skills first!

     
  • At 11/17/2006 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good one Alina!

    I hope you don't mind the attention, but I've posted about your post at http://ToDoOrElse.com.

    Regards,
    Bob Walsh

     
  • At 11/17/2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Bob, thank you for the visit. And no, I don't mind, I liked the context you put it into.

     
  • At 11/18/2006 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Alina

    Thanks for the link!

    You're right that people do have to make the commitment to manage their time effectively. However the benefits are huge, and it can often make the difference between spectacular success, and just muddling through.

    Anyway, my very best wishes!

    James Manktelow
    MindTools.com

     
  • At 11/18/2006 10:57 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    James, you're welcome. I quite liked the site.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.