Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, December 14, 2006
Why I Love the Romanian Press, Part 2
Wall Street, an online magazine mainly oriented on the business/economy sector, on of the few newspapers and magazines that actually have a tourism section, published an interesting article on the future of sky resorts in Europe.

Based on an OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) report, if the global warming continues, less sky resorts in Europe will be covered in snow for a sufficient period (estimated at about 100 days per year). The country facing the strongest negatives effects is Germany, followed by Austria, Italy, France and Switzerland.

The story is simply taken from NewsIn, it presents the OECD report and stops at that. Where is the part where the Romanian situation is analyzed? Any thought on how many such resorts could be affected? It’s not that hard, just run a search and find out how many of the sky slopes are situated at altitudes lower than 1500 meters. I am sure journalists working here have been to Sinaia! And the names help: Cota 1400 (as in 1400 meters???). No? Not easy enough?

I sometimes wonder why, given such stories, a person living in Romania and being genuinely interested in certain fields can never get quality information. Why should one get a subscription to a press agency and then search on their own to get the real deal? Is it because all publications are understaffed, pay too little or just don’t care?

posted by Alina @ 9:33 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.