Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, January 29, 2007
Any Easter Offer is Better than the Romanian Offers
According to an article published by Eventimentul Zilei, most Easter offers in foreign countries are cheaper than similar offers in Romania. Bulgaria is the leader of small prices, as all-inclusive packages in four star hotels start at 20 euros per day.

A four day trip would amount to 122 euros (with the tour operator fee), even cheaper than the same period at a Romanian mountain villa. If one would choose to go to a hotel in local mountain resort Sinaia, one would pay about 360 euros for four nights of bed and breakfast. The same conditions four 5 nights plus a plane ticket you would get in Antalya (Turkey) for 370 euros. Or one could spend 7 nights in a three star hotel in Tunisia, ticket included, 2 meals a day, for 400 euros. Or go to Malta for a lot less.

Details of the original article here.

Every time I see such comparatives I am amazed of the lack of perspective in tourism-related management. But what leaves me in deep awe is the fact that Romanian tourists still fill up the Romanian hotels and buy all these lame packages. Why? There are arguments, still none can convince me it’s a smart choice.

On the good side, at least we are winning the GDP Battle...

Tags: Tourism, Travel Destinations, Romania, Turkey, Bulgaria, Malta, Tunisia, Antalya, Sinaia

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Alina @ 1:52 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1/30/2007 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought you live in Romania… Romanians own more luxury cars than they seem to afford, Romanians pay much more for everything just because they feel they have to pay more for the lame services they get… that’s all… The fact that there are some people in our generation that don’t share this behavior is purely coincidental…

    Our tourism is only taking advantage of us because the majority of Romanians have just that much imagination and so much money that they afford to see the same landscape, get the same services, and pay exponential amount of money year after year…

    For the rest of us, there are always beautiful, cheaper, nice beaches in Italy, France or Greece to enjoy, and Austrian and Swiss mountain resorts…

     
  • At 1/30/2007 6:38 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    NetBoy, just because I live in Romania does not mean I have to accept everything, not be amazed by people acting weird.

    besides, if they buy foreign cars instead of Logan for example, why wouldn't they also buy holidays abroad instead of the same old Prahova Valley?

     
  • At 1/30/2007 10:37 AM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Because most Romanians are show-offs. Yes, they buy foreign expensive cars, and flash them around the streets saying "look, I can afford a Lamborghini Gallardo" (that gets the bumping of a life-time on the streets here in Iasi each and every time it crosses a tram line). And they also go to Prahova Valley. Not because of the same scenery they see each and every year (or maybe even more often), but to show you they can afford it. My two cents.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.