Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, January 25, 2007
Moderate Growth in Bucharest’s Business Travel for 2006
"The five-star Howard Johnson Grand Plaza hotel in Bucharest posted turnover worth 13 million euros in 2006, a slight increase on the previous year.

The hotel recorded turnover worth 12.5 million euros in 2005, up 51% against 2004 and doubled profit to 1 million euros compared with the previous year. However, 2005 was the first time the hotel was open throughout the entire year.

The five-star hotel market in Bucharest is facing dwindling demand from the tourist industry and this is the reason why Howard Johnson is placing so much emphasis on increasing the number of clients from the business segment over the forthcoming period.

Hotel officials believe that the significant amount of bookings generated by the business segment cause the hotel's occupancy rate to fluctuate depending on the time of the year or week, holiday season or weekend."

Full story here.

The peak in business travel requests is represented by the Bucharest International Fair that takes place in October. This year, all hotels were fully booked, and unless one requested a room a few weeks ahead, getting one was impossible.

Tags: Travel Destinations, Business Tourism, Bucharest

posted by Alina @ 11:28 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1/26/2007 2:25 PM, Blogger Cristina Banu said…

    I like this hotel. I've been to one conference and one award ceremony and I must say I was impressed by the design and services of this hotel.

     
  • At 1/26/2007 4:24 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    HJ is one of the hotels I've only seen from the outside. I've instead been to Marriott and Athénée Palace Hilton for press conferences. I liked Hilton better, better services at that time.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.