Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Another Book Tag

George tagged me to recommend one book and one book only, and justify my choice. All in one paragraph…Well, this is quite a hard task to carry out…I could recommend dozens of books out of different reasons and choosing just one is trickier than it seems at first.

After giving it quite some thought, I stopped at a book that requires some considerable prior reading. A bit about religion, a bit about politics, a bit about economy, a flavor of psychology, all doubled by lots of vivid imagination to be able to take a glimpse at the world described within. I am referring to Dune (the first book or the entire collection, depending on the amount of time you have right now; yes, I am cheating a little). A world from far in the future, far in the skies, deeper in meanings as you turn pages. Quite a research of all human future possibilities and an amazing story at the same time. Frank Herbert put anything you might look for in it: adventure, passion, love, struggle, cunning, strategy, leadership, spirituality, history and philosophy. All in science-fiction clothes.

Further tags: Bart (for when he finishes moving his blog), Naomi (because she needed an idea for a post anyway) and Ryan. Of course, who ever else is inspired may join this little game.

So try the book and tell me what you thought of it. Anyway, if this one is not your type or your main interest at this point, just pick up another one and read it, as I assure you it would put your mind and time to better use that other activities of choice.

posted by Alina @ 12:15 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 12/05/2006 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice choice. I think the best one was "Canonicatul Dune" = "Chapterhouse Dune".

     
  • At 12/05/2006 7:22 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Not there yet. Still have two more to go of the series :) But I don't think I can choose one to like the most of this series....

     
  • At 12/05/2006 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know it's annoying to hear comments on a book you haven't read yet, so I'll wait for you to finish it- but I'm really curious to hear your opinion afterwards.

     
  • At 12/05/2006 8:48 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I'll make sure to let you know!

     
  • At 12/06/2006 9:06 AM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    Do I have to start the series from the beginnig or are they considered to be seperate episodes?

     
  • At 12/06/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Won, they can be read separately, I guess. But to get the full flavor of the story, you should start with Dune, the first of the series, and then continue.

     
  • At 12/16/2006 8:26 PM, Blogger Naomi said…

    You'll have to give me a little more time, Alina. I know it sounds like a lame excuse, but I still have to pick up the book. I'll do that soon. Thanks for thinking of me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.