Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, December 15, 2006
Winter Depression Remedies
Cloudy winter weather, doubled by the few hours of the day, seems to cause depression for a large number of persons. Therefore different countries try different remedies, more or less sophisticated.

Sweden is counting on the calming and relaxing effect of the color white. Therefore, there are many cafes in Stockholm where all the furniture is white and the people waiting on customers wear the same color. Such cafes also ask their customers to take off their shoes and wear a long white robe.

Israeli researchers are trying something else: electromagnetic impulses. This is medical treatment; unlike the relaxing hours spent in a white café, but it seem to be helping a lot of people.

So, what do we do in Romania? Well, not much, until it gets really bad. For the rest of the cases, there’s always chocolate, for those allowed to eat it! Thank God higher forces are thinking of us…The result: a bright sunny day with a 12 C maximum temperature. The same predicted for the weekend: 16-17 C temperatures, sunny and bright weather…So what, we won’t have snow on Christmas? It gets ugly and dirty too fast, so no help in the whiteness there…

Mediterranean heat, thank you for coming our way!

Photo and original story from EVZ.

Tags: Depression, Antidepressants, Winter

posted by Alina @ 11:01 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.