Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007
New Record in Tourism
This year, the number of tourists worldwide has established a new record, reaching a total of 842 million, 4.5% more than in 2005. The highest increase (8%) was reported on the African continent, the area being one of the most dynamic regions in what travel and tourism are concerned.

The growth exceeded World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) expectations for 2006, which were for a 4.1% increase. UNWTO expects a 4% increase for 2007. Will the estimation be exceeded again?

Via Wall-Street.

Update

More details on TravelDaylyNews. This is my favorite part:

"Travellers are better informed and have become more adept at weighing their options and now include security factors as just another consideration among others when choosing their destinations." I would be happy with Romanian tourists becoming better informed and choosing wisely in 2007.

Tags: Travel, Tourism, UNWTO

Labels: ,

posted by Alina @ 2:07 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 1/30/2007 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure it will... Unless some war of biblical proportions should arise... (wich can not yet be overruled)... People are spending more and more on tourism and the conomy is encouraging the individual to travel, discover himself, the world and distant cultures, it's part of the business culture now, globalisation. And it's good for us and our employers, too.

     
  • At 1/30/2007 2:44 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    NetBoy, this is all true. However, the past few years have signaled a halt in explosive growths. That is why the estimations being exceeded is a surprise.

     
  • At 1/31/2007 1:48 AM, Blogger Fyurien said…

    Well you know the expression "The grass is always greener on the other side."

    So now poeple are traveling more to check out this supposed "greener" grass. The greener the grass, the higher the tourism.

    Makes sense to me! (I need sleep)

    =D

     
  • At 1/31/2007 6:54 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, yes for some it might work like that. For others, just the fact the grass is different :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.