Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Sunday, January 27, 2008
Three Years of Blogging
I started Words of a Broken Mirror three years ago! I can hardly believe so much time has passed since then. I wrote a couple of posts in Romanian, then switched to English. It was a good way to practice and allowed more people to interract with me. And this was a great choice. Cause I met the most amazing people from all over the world. You can meet them too, just browse through my blogroll!

Last year in May, my wonderfull friend and sister by choice Trisi got a .com domain as a present on my name's day and I built a new home for WOBM over there. But as this blogger page was home to my ideas, torments, songs playing in my mind, to my happyness and sorrows, to my friends' comments for so long, I kept it going long after it went out of page rank (let's all thank Google again for their nice little algorythm).

It is however time to move on. It's impossible to keep both blogs running and provide meaningful and frequent content given my generally crazy schedule which apparently is going to stay busy for ever. I won't delete the posts or restrict visits in any way. This is where my blogger identity was born and it still is a great place to look through forgotten little thoughts and happenings.

I will keep posting on my photoblog, I won't transfer anywhere for now. So keep going back to see the Views of a Broken Mirror posted daily (at least that's what I want to achieve there).

I hope this change won't turn you into strangers and that you'll continue to drop by and see what's new on WOBM. I know I'll keep meeting amazing people over there and continue the amazing experience I've started three years ago in the blogosphere. See you all around!



P.S. On this bloggiversary, I give you one of my favorite songs: Depeche Mode, Precious. Enjoy!

Precious and fragile things
Need special handling
My God what have we done to You?

We always try to share
The tenderest of care
Now look what we have put You through...

Things get damaged
Things get broken
I thought we'd manage
But words left unspoken
Left us so brittle
There was so little left to give

Angels with silver wings
Shouldn't know suffering
I wish I could take the pain for You

If God has a master plan
That only He understands
I hope it's Your eyes He's seeing through

Things get damaged
Things get broken
I thought we'd manage
But words left unspoken
Left us so brittle
There was so little left to give

I pray You learn to trust
Have faith in both of us
And keep room in Your heart for two

Things get damaged
Things get broken
I thought we'd manage
But words left unspoken
Left us so brittle
There was so little left to give

Labels: , , ,

posted by Alina @ 3:00 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 1/27/2008 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AH-UH NAYAH OH-WA OH-WA
    SHON-DAY OH-WA OH-WA
    SHON-DAY CAN-NON NON NOHA (NOHA)

    AH-UH NAYAH OH-WA OH-WA
    SHON-DAY OH-WA OH-WA
    SHON-DAY YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)

    AH-UH NAYAY TOR-SHNA NENA-NAY-YAYAH
    NENA-NAY-YAY YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)
    AH-UH NAYAY TOR-SHNA NENA-NAY-YAYAH
    YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)

    NEE-YOH-WAH NEE-YOH
    NEE-YOH-WAH NEE-YOH

    AH-UH NAYAH OH-WA OH-WA
    SHON-DAY OH-WA OH-WA
    SHON-DAY CAN-NON NON NOHA (NOHA)

    AH-UH NAYAH OH-WA OH-WA
    SHON-DAY OH-WA OH-WA
    SHON-DAY YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)

    AH-UH NAYAY TOR-SHNA NENA-NAY-YAYAH
    NENA-NAY-YAY YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)
    AH-UH NAYAY TOR-SHNA NENA-NAY-YAYAH
    YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)

    A song that's supposed to be sung only by a Navajo medicine man. It's title, Yeha-Noha, is most appropriate as it presumably translates to something I wish truly you - Happiness and Prosperity.

    See you on wobm.com, sis. *hugs*

     
  • At 1/27/2008 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for the song bro! You're sweet, as always:) See you there!

     
  • At 1/29/2008 1:40 AM, Blogger Maria said…

    Hey, will miss this site, but the other one is great :) So I'll see you there!

     
  • At 1/29/2008 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you! See you there :)

     
  • At 2/26/2008 4:33 AM, Blogger Lorena said…

    i'll look out for your photographs and visit your site :)

    don't work to hard, stay busy doing fun stuff :)

     
  • At 2/26/2008 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lorena, thanks for stopping by! I'll see you around my other blogs. As for fun stuff, I am really trying :)

     
  • At 3/26/2008 2:17 AM, Blogger yusufyusuf said…

  • At 3/27/2008 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gud Luck

     
  • At 7/07/2008 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i have been reading your blog for a while now and i really enjoy it. wish you the best of luck with the new site. it looks good and i will surely be there!:)

     
  • At 7/07/2008 4:55 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thanks for reading my blog, M! Come by the new one when you have the time, i'm sure you'll love it :)

     
  • At 8/07/2008 1:46 AM, Blogger Radu C said…

    I look somewhere else for a bit (alright, a year may not be such a "bit", but anyway), and looks what you do :)

    Hopefully your work will result in something that will allow you to enjoy life later on (I supposed that you, like most people, want to have fun as much time as possible, even if it kills you on the way there).

    I'm adding your other blog to my Google Reader as I'm rebuilding my blog list (I haven't been following ANY blogs lately - not even mine). Your other blog is too... commercial. At least that's how it was when you started it, and that's how it appears at a glance. This one was personal. I hate commercial stuff. And I love prying into people's lives, especially when they open up willingly. :)

     
  • At 3/23/2009 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love those lyrics!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.