Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Sunday, November 06, 2005
Overwhelmed
You cannot hide from feelings, be it sorrow or joy. First you try to hide somewhere, a certain room that apparently gives you comfort. A place you like more, a place you’ve always used for hiding or a place you’ve always been to when you were at your best. Then you feel it, starting to come closer and closer, like mist rising from the ground. So you try hiding into something, you pick up and finish a book you have been reading or call a friend or watch a movie, or clean something (funny thing, people always tend to put everything around them in order when their soul is a mess…they say those of us who always need to have everything in perfect order are the most tormented ones). And you feel better for a while. Shorter or longer, depends on how much you can struggle to keep being focused on your getaway activity. And then it’s over: you have finished the book, or the movie has started showing the long list of people that gave it life or you have run out of places to straighten, and then…then you’re restless no longer, you’re simply overwhelmed!...
posted by Alina @ 8:01 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 11/06/2005 8:48 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    funny thing, people always tend to put everything around them in order when their soul is a mess
    I felt u r talking about me :)..I actually do that when sth is bothering me..I find myself cleaning anything around me.

    As for the main topic,like they always say..feelings are energies they never vanish but change from one form to another.
    So that means we shouldn't ignore what we're feeling and give it time to be resolved or think about ... we can't escape from ourselves.

     
  • At 11/06/2005 9:32 PM, Blogger Eve said…

    This might sound strange, but I prefer being overwhelemed than feeling epmty.
    Sometimes I have no feelings at all. I'm not happy, sad or anything, there's just a big black hole inside.
    But when I have too many feelings (perhaps more than I undersatnd) I know that everything is functioning properly and as odd as it might sound I'm a bit relieved

     
  • At 11/06/2005 11:31 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    thank you for this insightful post, you echo many of my feelings... my life is a continuous stream of impulses, emotions, intuition and premonitions in which i hardly have any say as to how i feel... i know what you mean, you can't ignore them because they're just part of you, they're there and so very real...

     
  • At 11/07/2005 12:35 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    I prefer being overwhelemed than feeling empty.
    Eve, I agree with that part.

     
  • At 11/07/2005 6:58 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Rain, I really do the same, start cleaning and arranging. And yes, ignoring is never an option.

    Eve, I also prefer to be overwhelmed, it reminds me that I am human and that I am alive. Emptiness is quite scary, actually.

    "a continuous stream of impulses, emotions, intuition and premonition" - perfectly put, Bart! Oh, and let'snot forget huge amounts of stress! :)

     
  • At 11/12/2005 10:25 PM, Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said…

    Have you been peeking into my window?! Great post.

     
  • At 11/13/2005 10:51 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thanks, DCS! Not your window, just your blog! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.