Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, December 02, 2005
Reading update

Night said I should keep you guys updated with what I read. Well, I thought I should first show you a little treasure of mine, as part of my reading habits. This is a normal workbook, but one used for a completely different reason. I don’t write down appointments I use it to keep track of what I read. Since high-school, I’ve had this habit of writing down the quotes I most loved from each book I read. The first notebook I used for this is long finished (there were about 3-4 such notebooks). Then it got mixed with my diary and since I mixed them, this is the fourth workbook I’ve used.

It’s nice to then skim through, see the quotes I chose and the moods I described in my diary entries…Also the song lyrics I thought should be written down at very specific moments. Sometimes the book alters my diary entries, one of this cases being two entries written while I was reading Anais Nin’s “Incest”.

And now, the books I’ve finished but haven’t mentioned recently: Frank Herbert’s “God Emperor of Dune”, Emily Bronte’s “Wuthering Heights” and Thomas Hardy’s “Two on a tower”.
posted by Alina @ 6:37 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 12/03/2005 2:31 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    And I'd really like to take a look at these notebooks :).

    I love quotes very much.. try to post some or ur fave. quotes sometimes :).

     
  • At 12/03/2005 10:51 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    I bet you would, Rain! :))

    I will try to post some of them here from now on!

     
  • At 12/03/2005 11:56 AM, Blogger tota said…

    heheheeee :) Kayla i have that same habit too !!
    keep a notebook beside me to mark those parts which i like through my reading, that when my mum sees me she thinks that i'm studying lol .. it actually seems so

    but sometimes i get lazy & just want to enjoy my reading without interrupting it with writing

    well as Rain said i would like to see snapshots of these notebooks
    u can select a certain paper of it to write it to us in here :)

     
  • At 12/03/2005 12:39 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yeah, I love having it in hand while reading. When I can't (which is most of the time as I only read during my subway rides...)I just mark the pages which i really hate as I don't like damaging the books in any way...

    I promise I will post some of them here, probably when I write something about the books I read, will also insert the quotes I loved most :)

     
  • At 12/03/2005 1:47 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    Since I was a little kid, still learning how to read, I've had the urge to have such a notebook, but I'm too lazy to do it.

    Up till now, I didn't have one. May be I should drop that laziness of mine for sometime and start doing things I want.

    Would love to read your favorite quotes :)

     
  • At 12/03/2005 2:22 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Moon, if you want one, that you should really try it! It is quite nice :)

     
  • At 12/05/2005 11:03 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    hey that is really neat! why did i never think of that?

    probably because i am too involved in the reading.

    will try to take this habit up. it must be nice to have these notes from years gone by, they are like a record of your life in some way.. isn't it?

     
  • At 12/06/2005 7:18 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    In some way, yes they are, as you choose the quotes depending on a certain mood, on likes that apply at a certain moment.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.