Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Red Bull on the Wave
Red Bull Romania doubled its retail sales over the first nine months of the year. The volume of sales reported by Red Bull on the retail market over the January - September period amounted to 890,000 litres, equivalent in monetary terms to 5.7 million euros (20.8 million RON), according to data by AC Nielsen, quoted by Red Bull Romania.

By comparison, the retail sales reported by the company over the corresponding period of last year stood at some 400,000 litres of Red Bull energy drinks, worth 2.7 million euros (9.6 million RON).

"Our priority remains to make Red Bull available wherever consumers may need an energy drink, and because of this we keep trying to improve our distribution network," company representatives say. Full story here.

I like Red Bull. I love it actually, although I've been making significant efforts to stop drugging myself with caffeine and energy drinks. Still, I don't get it. Red Bull is a quite expensive refreshment. I would never thought of such a sales boost for this brand!

So which is it? Is Red Bull that great or do Romanians like expensive drinks? Given there is quite a competition on this beverage sector (all the others a bit or a lot more cheaper). I have to say it's a mix.

Another question: does anyone like their advertising campaign? I find it boring and full of chiches some times...And yes, it is the last reason on my list of buying it, the first however on my list with reasons not to buy...
posted by Alina @ 12:12 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12/07/2006 1:59 PM, Blogger a said…

    This will amount to 40 ml or about 1 RON per Romanian. Not too much liquid per se, but king of big money, if only national TV would get that much, e.g.

     
  • At 12/07/2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yes, not that much, in liquid...But let's face it, there's not much liquid in the can either :P You are right though, that amount could be put to better use sometimes...

     
  • At 12/07/2006 11:34 PM, Blogger zee said…

    red bull is crap...it tastes like chewing gum...*YUCK*

    lol, i remember once upon a time when i was still on campus and i needed to pull a all nighter...downed 2 red bulls. It was scary...my left hand started shaking away and i couldnt control it! really, alina, it was freaky!!!!

    ive never touched it since :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.