Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, February 09, 2007
Ballet Night: Swan Lake
The Opera was simply full last night. No empty seats, no place to wander around during breaks, lots of people everywhere. They all came to see Swan Lake. A beautiful ballet. Moreover, the leading stars of the National Opera, Corina Dumitrescu and Ovidiu Matei Iancu, were Odette and Siegfried.

It was indeed a beautiful experience: beautiful costumes, exquisite music, and the ballet in itself, well I am speechless when it comes to praising it, as there are no proper words. This is one of the ballets they are always making a wonder of, unless others I have seen.
But! There is a but of course. They changed the prologue and the one I have seen 2 years ago seemed a bit better. Also, Swan Lake only highlighted the first-ballerina. Ovidiu Matei Iancu was there to make her look good most of the times. Not that there is something wrong with that, but I have seen them both at their best and it looks even more amazing.
It was great going there again and not being disappointed, as it happened last year. As for the photos, well, the opera does not have that many of the dancers, so, these are a few of what I found and liked online.

Labels: ,

posted by Alina @ 9:06 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 2/09/2007 1:43 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    "OK, I have to say this: I am so sorry it was there and on a week day and that I could not come with you"
    Same here. :)

     
  • At 2/09/2007 3:10 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, Ryan, we will make some reservations for the next time you come to Bucharest :)

     
  • At 2/10/2007 7:48 AM, Blogger Sim said…

    i'm amazed of skills that i don't have....things that i would ever do!

     
  • At 2/10/2007 8:07 PM, Blogger Sou said…

    I love opera I wish to see this one when it shows in Cairo.. Glad you enjoyed your time.

     
  • At 2/12/2007 8:46 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Sim, that is an interesting reaction. I've also noticed it in me sometimes.

    Sarah, maybe you get to see this ballet in Cairo, it is simply beautiful!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.