Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Saturday, March 24, 2007
Perfect Saturday
My Saturday did not start all that well. Actually, it started at around 10 with one neighbor doing some repairing involving a hammer and lots of noise. Did I mention I had fallen asleep at 4 am? Anyway, while I was trying to pretend I could still sleep if I tried hard enough, my phone rang. Vibrated actually, cause I keep forgetting it on silent mode this days. It was Cris Z, asking what plans Silviana and I had made. We had none, so we decided to meet at Unirea and decide on the spot.

We were late, so changed the meeting point from the overrated "in front of Mc" to "in front of Gregory's" where we then helped ourselves to huge recipients of coffee. I had Cherry Mocha again, of course. Then we started walking. The first stop was in the park just in front of the National Theater.
We then started wandering on random streets. I was the party leader, that meant I chose one street and they followed because they could not be bothered to choose on their own. More important talking to do, relax and everything. And my decisions, well, they were based on a "uuuu, shinny" feeling :P Actually it was more like where can I get a nice photo? This house in ruins was a good example.
Although I pretty much knew where we were, we were soon walking on narrow streets we had never been on. It was an interesting feeling actually, have not experienced it in a while.
We then felt like sitting down and resting for a few minutes. So we entered the Cismigiu Park. My favorite one in Bucharest, for some reason. More photos, more walking, fresh air, flowers and trees. The great outdoor. Or a little peace of outdoor in the middle of Bucharest.
After lots of food (I had a huge pizza) and some lemonade, we decided to walk home (it takes an hour and some change). And so we did, but during our trip back to the apartment we made one last stop in another park, Tineretului. This is an extremely large park with a beautiful lake in the middle. I could only take a couple of photos, as my camera needed its rest, so its battery died.
It was a perfect day after all, filled with everything I needed: fresh air, relaxation, my friends to share the experience with me. And my camera as well. As I lost most of my photos, I really have to fill my hard drive with new ones. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend as much as I am.

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Alina @ 11:04 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 3/25/2007 6:39 AM, Blogger Warmer Climes said…

    Imi place ce vad si ce simt aici. Esti in lista mea. :)

     
  • At 3/25/2007 12:36 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Multumesc :)

     
  • At 3/25/2007 12:58 PM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    Yay! I know Multumesc means thank you! I would love to learn Romanian one day, such a beautiful language.

    Aside from that, I love your pictures. Any advice for buying a digital camera?

    P.S there is a post dedicated to you on my husband's blog. I hope you like it.

     
  • At 3/25/2007 1:42 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Wow, someone interested in learning Romanian. Good luck with that, I will give you all the help you need :)

    I hava a Canon IXUS 700. I am a fan of Canon, I am sure newer models simply rock. :)

    I will take a look at the post, thanks :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.