Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Simply Successful Secrets
Tagged by Mihaela and then by Dio. The meme created and described here.

So, these are the rules: "Compose a new blog post listing the top 5 to 10 things that you do almost every day that help you to be successful. They can be anything at all, but they have to be things that you do at least 4 or 5 times every week. Anything less than that may be a hobby that helps you out, but we are after the real day in and day out habits that help you to be successful."

I wouldn't call myself successful, not just yet, but oh well, here goes nothing:

1. First and foremost, I should mention the little things behind my doing everything that I do every day (work, school sometimes, blogging and other projects): coffee, tea of many different flavors and countries of origin, 20-25 minute walks before and after work, email/YIM jokes.

2. Communication: with everyone in the office (development, testing, tech support, sales, they all have some useful piece of information to share), with people I know working in the same field or in different areas of expertise.

3. Reading a lot: books, articles, news (online mostly), blog posts and forums. The sites focusing on Linux or Linux software, IT&C news etc are a must for me.

4. I am my harshest critic. I am hard to please and impress when I am the one who's trying to please and impress. I set demanding standards for myself and try my best not to disappoint myself. It sometimes turns into hard core perfectionism, but I can keep it in normal limits most of the times.

5. I always enjoy the company of those that I work with. As we spend so much time together, we become quite close, so the actual working process becomes extremely pleasant. It makes little mishaps easier to handle. If I am not really compatible with those I work with, I doubt I could do my best. It has not been the case up to know. All the companies I worked for were a perfect fit at the time. And I am still friends with most of my ex-colleagues.

6. I am quite competitive. Which works in my advantage most of the times. For example, if someone uses a condescending tone when speaking of my needing to learn a bit more about Linux, that will make me try hard enough to learn all I can in the shortest possible period.

7. I've never been afraid of new and blurry things. That's how I managed to get into IT, technical support even. And then moved on to be a technical writer for a Linux/Unix/BSD- based software. It also has something to do with my seeing these two jobs as challenges (see above).

That's all for now. I tag Ryan, Silviana, Ali, Brandly Yours, Naomi and anyone else interested in this meme. Have fun!

Labels: ,

posted by Alina @ 10:54 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 3/21/2007 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You woulnd't call yourself successful, but the simple enumeration of these things makes you successful. You are an incredible communicator and I am sure destiny has a very special place for you.

     
  • At 3/21/2007 11:55 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Mihaela, thank you! I do trust my destiny/path/future or whatever you choose to call it :)

     
  • At 3/21/2007 2:22 PM, Blogger Ali Ambrosio said…

    Loved your answers - you are so practical!

    We seem to share the tea drinking and the communication as steps to success.

    Thanks for the tag - my answers are up.

     
  • At 3/21/2007 3:26 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yup we do have some things in common! :)

     
  • At 3/21/2007 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I couldn't help not noticing that you don't mention any boyfriend in your day-by-day activities :) Is that a fact, or just something you missed?

     
  • At 3/22/2007 2:23 AM, Blogger Aaron said…

    Alina,

    It is clear from your answers that your attitude is a wonderful part of your ability to be happy and successful.

    I have found across the board that having the right attitude will ensure success in areas where purely knowledge or more "standard" successful habits would not be effective.

    Keep up that positive and sure-footed state of mind, and you will be as successful as you choose to be!

    Thanks for participating in the Simply Success Secrets project! :)

     
  • At 3/22/2007 10:43 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yes RCX, that is a fact. I am in the "getting over a relationship" state. Actually been there for a while, more than I'd expected. And no, a boyfriend is not a key secret to make any woman successful. A boyfriend is important to make her personal life complete though :)

    Aaron, you are right. Attitude is sometimes what makes the difference. I actually enjoyed this project. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.