Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Nimblex - Romanian Linux
NimbleX is a Linux distribution developed by a Romanian student, Bogdan Radulescu. Based on a better known distribution, namely Slackware, NimbleX requires no prior Linux knowledge and can be used for text processing, to listen to your favorite music or to say hi to your friends on IM and brag about having a Linux distro installed on your PC. Moreover, NimbleX comes with an interface in Romanian, and I have to wonder how many people would actually want to use that. Q: how did they translate "pipe"?
The NimbleX package takes very little space: 200 MB and its first version has been launched in 2005. The current version was launched on December 25th, 2006. "A gift for the users' community," as Radulescu has stated. I bet they had quite a Christmas.

A few thoughts about Bogdan Radulescu, open mindedness when it comes to open source and writing the EVZ article here (RO only).

Whole story and screenshot from here.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Alina @ 2:25 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 3/20/2007 4:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    OK, so this comment has nothing to do with Linux..

    The English article on Claudiu Saftoiu resignation said he "resigned after less than sex months".

    Hmm. Too many Bond girls.

     
  • At 3/20/2007 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First: happy birthday to your dad.
    And thank you for bringing Bogdan's work to my attention. I'm going to tag you for a meme today. Be warnded. ;)

     
  • At 3/20/2007 5:26 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Andy, my friend, it is called a Freudian slip :)

    Thank you, Mihaela, I will try to complete the tag as soon as possible.

     
  • At 3/20/2007 6:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Alina, I thought it was just a perk :)

    How's your linux experiment going?

     
  • At 3/20/2007 6:51 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, Andy, it is going great! Thanks for asking. I've not loaded Windows in quite a while (on my work PC I mean, cause on my laptop I haven't been loading anything :P).

    Now, when are you going to post something on your blog? I am really curious :P

     
  • At 3/20/2007 8:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Alina, I know, it's a poor effort. It was started with the best of intentions - as a place to vent - but to be honest, work's been hectic the past few weeks and the last thing I've felt like doing when I get home is boot the PC.

    I've the blog to update and ubuntu to replace (the later for the second time, don't be cheap with hard disks...). It's not been finding the time, it's been finding the will :)

    Planning on having both these done by next week tho...

     
  • At 3/21/2007 10:22 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well then let me know when the blog task is completed :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.