Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, March 16, 2007
Ballet Night - Baiadera
Last night was another ballet night. This time, Baiadera, our first time seeing it. And it was simply beautiful. Great costumes, great settings and great dancing.
For me, it was a unique experience for different reasons. It is a story of love being destroyed by murderous simple-minded people who think love can actually be forced on. But all the pain caused is avenged by the gods in the end.
The same idea of love being possible after death, if the world could not be its setting. An idea of hope. Although hope is sometimes not one of the greatest ideas. It is hard to kill and sometimes opens the door to pain.
The photos in this post are a bit old (taken during the same ballet in 2005) and available here.
All in all, it was a great experience. When one first goes there, one is caught a bit in the lack of synchronization that sometimes occurs, in the little mistakes. But as long as it is not overwhelmingly bad (which was the case of a certain ballet of last year's performances) and as long as you come with an open heart, it is just a breath taking experience.

Labels: , ,

posted by Alina @ 11:04 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 3/16/2007 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The story looks nice. I'm art-ignorant (for reasons that aren't all of my own, and which I don't seem able to escape), but I hope the little glitches didn't ruing the story for you. They're just human, so they're prone to make mistakes. But, being actors, they also know how to recover and continue the show. If you're strong enough, you can be different from the rest of the world, and see the story regardless of the errors (there is a saying in my company: "It doesn't matter if everything is fine, because if there is the slightest glitch, it's the glitch that will be remembered, not the functionality of the product, even if the rest is astonishing")

     
  • At 3/16/2007 4:22 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yes, I know what you mean. When they don't happen at every other move, I don't even notice the mistakes. I don't care, I try to pay attention to the good part of it.

    But when you go for the first time (and for some of my friends it was), these things are the first you notice.

     
  • At 3/16/2007 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, everything I do seems to be a 'first time', so I learned to get over the glitches without the need for a replay. I don't remember when was the last time I did a thing that I already did before, except work (guesses about what the other 'field of activity' is, are OK :P). I take note of the glitch, spawn another mental thread for it, and continue with the main story unaltered.

    I just remembered something: There was this street festival here in Iasi about a year ago, and since the entrance was free of charge, I went to all the shows, and saw one of the shows, a circus show. The first time it went really great, perfect I may say. The second time it was full of mistakes. Clearly, not may people came twice, as they didn't seem to notice, but got me very curious on how they manage to recover from glitches. It was circus, so they made it look like they meant it to happen. I had more fun the second time because I know how "perfection" looked like :)

    This festival was called "Scoateti puii din ograda" ( http://www.lasmalah.org/smalah-journal/index.php?2006/02/11/29-scoateti-puii-din-ograda-et-puis-quoi-encore ) and was a new thing to me (the "twice" happened in the "only time this happened to me", so I'm consistent :) )

     
  • At 3/16/2007 10:04 PM, Blogger Silviana said…

    For me, it was the second time I went to ballet... While reading the original post, and the comments, I remembered a few magical moments, when the music and the dance were so well synchronized, so perfect together, and so sensitive, that everybody just froze...
    The spectators were so much impressed, that they didn't dare to make the the slightest gesture or noise... we stopped breathing...
    Overall, although I also observed the little imperfection of the dancers, I remained with a very nice feeling ... and I think I'm on the road to becoming a ballet fan.

     
  • At 3/17/2007 8:37 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    well then, we shall keep on going :D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.