Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007
You know so little...
The books I read always leave me wanting more. More books to read. Of these, some let me know how much I should still read and learn. They have this power of emphasizing all the areas in which I lack basic knowledge. One of these books is the one I am currently reading: a collection of essays by Jorge Luis Borges. A lot of information and interesting ideas on literature, philosophy, religion, movies and much more.

The first thing I learned: what a gaucho is. Unlike other books that made me want to know more by simply mentioning a never-ending list of authors I should pay more attention to, Borges' essays follow different paths to this same idea. In discussing one work of art (be it movie or novel or poetry), not only do you make the acquaintance of the author and work itself, you are also brought into the world of similar works and their never-disappearing critics.

I will tell you more about this book when I finish it.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Alina @ 1:46 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3/13/2007 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always liked Borges' style but still, I've read just one or two books. This one seems really interesting as I feel like reading these kind of books lately. As soon as I finish my novel I will look for this book and try to read it.

    Make sure to give your opinion as soon as you finish the book ;) Thanks!

    After you finish this, in case you have a chance, get Gog, by Papini. I find this book brilliant.

     
  • At 3/13/2007 4:53 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    it is indeed interesting. And thanks for the recommendation, Sim, I'll do my best to take your advice.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.