Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, January 23, 2006
Nutcracker - this Sunday's disappointment
Well, guys, when I announced I was going to see a ballet this Sunday I was sure I’d have a lot of nice and glamorous things to tell you about it. So let’s start: great costumes, great settings, really bad dancing...Yes, really bad, the almost dropped the prim-ballerina, that of course after attempting to drop other less important ones...And their synchronizing, well it got worse than last year...Back then the problem was minor and I could see it because I pay attention to such details...But the overall performance made me enjoy every minute of it.

This time, everybody was with their heads in the clouds, like they had just started dancing after a one year break, practiced for one week and put on the show. Should I also mention that the opera was overcrowded? That there were people with no seats, but still bought the tickets for this performance? That all tickets are more expensive in weekends? Well, none of that mattered for our nice little stars! Thank God my favorite male dancer they have was not in the cast because that would have made the disappointment even more painful than it was.

Maybe the busy schedule (click Calendar, they don't have urls for each page) is the cause of this incident. Well, no, they have 7 shows all this month and there are only two ballets…It seems they really don’t care about their public! What I can say now is that I will pay more attention to who are the leading stars, as the two in this show were not that impressive!
***Update***
The picture is temporary unavailable..The Opera is working on a new site and only a few pages actually run...I don't know how long it will take, sorry.
posted by Alina @ 5:42 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 1/23/2006 9:55 PM, Blogger ~Daydreamer~ said…

    The part where you mentioned they almost dropped the prim-ballerina made me laugh so much. Poor woman! But for you it must have been upsetting to go see such a ballet show. Sorry you're disappointed, K.

     
  • At 1/23/2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    Ooops!!!
    That's a real disappointment! I can understand , such performances are expected to be the best ... esp not everybody is interested in such art anymore ... the least they could do is to make it perfect for the few who are interested!

     
  • At 1/24/2006 1:43 AM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said…

    i've always wished to watch a ballet live.. especially the sawn lake... but never ever had the chance till now..

    may be some other time later -hopefully-

     
  • At 1/24/2006 7:06 AM, Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said…

    Sorry you were disappointed at the ballet. I'm sure the dance company wants to forget THAT performance.

     
  • At 1/24/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger DareDevil said…

    nice post :)

     
  • At 1/25/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Marwa, it was quite disappointing, true,but we did laugh at times :)

    Yes, Rain, the intrest for this kind of art is quite low, having such a large audience is something worth trying harder for!

    Lasto-adri, I hope you will see one as soon as possible. And I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed last year's performances.

    DCS, I'm not sure they realized how bad it was. People here are kind enough to still applaud in the end...Too bad! They should have a little taste of what they deserve.

    Daredevil, I don't know if it's nice, but it sure is true and a little bit sad :)

     
  • At 1/25/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Dilip Mutum said…

    I guess you feel short of cheated when you go to see a show you paid for and it didn't come up to your expectation worse still when it is really bad.

    Come to think of it, it might have been funny if prim-ballerina was really dropped.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.