Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, April 27, 2007
7 Hours Till the Big Trip
Yes, folks, in 7 hours, I'll be on my way to Athens. I still have 2 more hours at the office, so there are actually 5 hours left for....

....for my list of what I should have done, but didn't. Here it is! Should I mention I am pretty sure most of it will still remain in the "to do" state and not promoted to "done" after 7 hours?
  • get my luggage ready calmly (i.e. not in a 10 minutes race)
  • not forget anything I need back in Bucharest
  • pick my mom from the station
  • get some sleep before going
  • shower, long shower...
  • burn some audio CDs for the road
  • find already burned audio CDs
  • print maps of Bulgaria and Greece, just in case
  • download larger maps and transfer them to my laptop
  • make some sandwiches for the road (help will be available here)
  • make coffee for the road (I have this cool cup from my dad that you can use to heat the drink while driving :P)
  • buy Red Bull for the road (what?!? It's a 16-hour-drive! All help is needed)
  • talk to Trisi Sis enough to last for these few days (no chance for that now...:((. Sis, where have you been hiding?)
  • Prepare important papers such as car papers/driver's license/passport/ID. Do not forget said papers at home...
  • Pray hard that I make it in under 16 hours :D
  • Pray hard to actually find the hotel easily
  • Pray some more..
Wish me luck! I will need it. If I get back safely, I will brag about how cool I've been driving so much with no help from other drivers!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Alina @ 4:00 PM  
13 Comments:
  • At 4/27/2007 4:48 PM, Blogger Twain said…

    That sounds so exciting! Have a safe trip and a wonderful time in Athens. Are you really going all by yourself? (I'll have to read back into your blog; I'll probably find the details -- I blame my ignorance on the fact that it's the final exams period here...). Anyway, that is courageous and cool!

     
  • At 4/27/2007 4:52 PM, Blogger Twain said…

    Five minutes later: now I know... Have fun!

     
  • At 4/27/2007 5:22 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yeah, not alone, but the only driver :) Thanks, I will try my best to have loads of fun!

     
  • At 4/27/2007 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa, that's a big list to do in 5 hours. Given the fact that burning a few CDs and printing maps, and searching for the maps if you don't already have them, making the luggage, showering, sleeping and praying take quite a while :), I hope you aren't exhausted in the end. Especially after sleeping. That's one stressful activity :D

    Not that I want to short circuit any of your neurons into thinking things are easier, and also I'm not 100% certain on the information, but I think it's no big deal if you forget your passport. You romanian ID is just fine within the EU (not 100% certain, because I heard at least one country still requires a passport).

     
  • At 4/27/2007 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Forgot this one:

    Have fun while there! Bring pictures! :)

     
  • At 4/27/2007 6:37 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Sis, if I were you I'd scrape off some of the chores to leave more room for sleep. Or is it just me to consider this one a top priority, along with picking up your mom, packing, getting the papers ready, maps, food, coffee etc. :( And don't forget one thing: It will all be worth it, I'm sure. So bring photos. And the 8ball, if you manage to find one. :)

     
  • At 4/27/2007 9:45 PM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    Have a fab time amd pick cd's that will keep you wide awake for all the driving!

     
  • At 4/27/2007 10:01 PM, Blogger Beatrice said…

    Oh sweetie, I became one of the " to do" items of your list but that is entirely my fault, ooopss, as I told you on the phone, I have been running a lot today, and didn't get the chance to talk to you as much as I wanted. But at least, I could catch you on the phone. :P

    I wish you have the best time ever with your friends and mommy! Come back with all your batteries full and I cannot wait to hear all you stories.

    Kisses,
    Trisi

     
  • At 4/27/2007 10:04 PM, Blogger Beatrice said…

    Me again, I forgot to tell you GOOD LUCK, and yeah, I'll be praying for all the things you wanted, come home safely! :)

     
  • At 5/01/2007 1:39 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Hope by now you're safe and sound in Athens...and having a wonderful time... waitin for the pics and stories :-)

     
  • At 5/02/2007 11:01 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hi guys, thank you all for your comments! It's been a great trip, sleep was the first thing deleted from the list, but I am back home finally. Sleepy, very sleepy, and already in the office. Watch closely as lots of stories and photos will follow :)

     
  • At 5/02/2007 11:31 AM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Yay! (and Welcome back!)

     
  • At 5/02/2007 1:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hope you enjoyed your trip and waiting for your stories and photos.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.