Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, April 23, 2007
Why I am spending May 1 in Athens
Well, I thought I'd spend the Labor Day prolonged weekend close to home. So, I decided to try Constanta for a few days. Seaside on May 1st, now that's something I always wanted and never did. So, I started looking for hotels. The cheapest room was around 30 EUR per night. Which is quite a lot! And I said no way, let's see other options.

I went to Booking.com (we'd used the same site for our Istanbul trip) and searched for hotels in Athens. Yup, 10 EUR less and it's like..ATHENS! Let's go people! For some reason, they all agreed on going. So, on Friday evening, I'll get in my car and drive for about 1250 km. Then spend three lovely days in Athens.

I know most of my friends are going to Bulgaria to spend Labor Day. Others are going to the mountains. Most hotels on the seashore won't be open. The rest of the hotels, where do they expect guests from? There is this little thing called competition, you should always think of it. Or you know, not going bankrupt anytime soon?

So, passengers: Silviana, D, a friend of Silviana's; driver: yours truly.

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Alina @ 12:50 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4/23/2007 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I so envy you. I will have to stay here for the 1st of May. These are the disadvantages of living abroad: you spend your holiday in your country and you don't get to know much more. Well, I hope that until then I will get to know the gender of the little alien I'm hiding inside my immense belly and we will be able to celebrate it on the 1st of May.

    For the moment we're enjoying Sant Jordi here (the catalan Valentine's Day), I've got the rose and I have to buy a book for Bruno. Any suggestion will be more than welcome.

    Have fun in Athens and bring photos back.

     
  • At 4/23/2007 3:57 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Happy Sant Jordi! Books? Well I don't know the kind of books he likes. I am into japanese books lately. The Woman in the Dunes by Kobo Abe?

    Sorry I can't take you guys along! Maybe some other time we do something together. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.