Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, April 23, 2007
Tulips' Symphony
The Tulips Symphony is a yearly event that takes place in Pitesti. You can read more about it and see a few snapshots of past editions here. This year, the event started on Friday, March 20, and lasted until Sunday. We were there on Saturday to celebrate the event.

Usually, waking up at 9 am is not a big problem for anyone. Well, given the fact that we went to bed at 4 am, the situation was not what you could call a normal one. Ryan and his friend Iulia (aka Olive) had come to visit us on Friday afternoon and we took them clubbing. It was a great night, but waking up the next morning did become just a little difficult. Well, we managed it eventually, picked up Cristinica on the way (she has already posted some photos), and one hour and a half later we were in Pitesti.

First we stopped by Silviana's place. Her mother prepared something to eat, then coffee and a great cake that I could not stop eating. A half an hour later, we got to Cristinica's place. Her mom had also cooked for us. So we started meal number two: steak, fries, pickles and salad. Then ice-cream. I only watched the others eat...But could not resist the coffee with cream that was next on the menu. So when we left to actually go see the symphony, we were all pretty much feeling like stuffed turkeys.

We got to the central area of the town and that's when Ryan and I turned into more than human beings. We had some weird devices attached to us that made us so much better! Yes, we were taking photos every five seconds :) We saw beautiful flowers everywhere! Tulips, lots of them, but also roses, orchids and cactus and any other flower you could dream of.

After all that walking we stopped for a quick drink and met some of Silviana's friends. At about 8 we were on our way back to Bucharest. We picked up D when arriving and went to the Plaza mall for some more food. Seasoned with conversations and drinks. I have to say I could hardly move when I got home!

Photos soon to come!

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Alina @ 9:45 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 4/23/2007 10:44 AM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Alina,

    The Tulip Symphony sounds like fun. It's not fair. Why don't I live in a city that has a cultural life and natural flowers too?

    :(

    Thanks for the Last Blogpost tag. I am still thinking about it though. Not an easy question because I can't picture life without the blogs anymore can you?

     
  • At 4/23/2007 11:15 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    No, not really, Lou! I think something big would miss in such a case...I am used to keeping in touch through blogs with so many special people :)

     
  • At 4/23/2007 12:47 PM, Blogger Zu said…

    :-)) I've been there too. I'll post my impressions and some photos on my blog in a few days.

     
  • At 4/23/2007 3:48 PM, Blogger Beatrice said…

    You guys had so much fun, I bet, and the tea and cake part....,mmmm I wish I could be there. :)

    As for the tulip symphony, heheh, I had my share of it on Thursday, when I went up in a Norther part of Holland then I am already living in and I took pictures of fields full of tulips all colors, it was such an amazing landscape that I am going to travel in there tomorrow as well, couldn't get enough of it. Pictures will be available soon on Kayla's blog, Views of a Broken Mirror. Hahhaha I sound like a spammer, don't I, puisor? :P

     
  • At 4/23/2007 4:03 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    ahahah, my spammer sister Trisi :P No you don't. That's where I will also upload my photos :P

    Not much tea, coffee mostly. And too much delicious food.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.