Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, April 19, 2007
Romanian Student Expelled for Blogging
Ariel was expelled from high-school because of posts written on his personal blog. See his version of the story and all the comments here (Romanian only unfortunately). As I saw, Radio 21 has already offered to help as many others will, I suppose.

So, this is how the Romanian education works: criticize and you pay! You my friend have no right to think differently. Do as you are told, think as imposed and you'll turn out just fine! Do not dare to say anything against us!

I am pretty sure there is no rule supporting this decision. What students do on their own time and outside schools has nothing to do with their right to get taught. I browsed through several posts and really see no reason for this...Then again, I am smart enough not to look for an explanation. Yes, people, at times Romania sucks big time! Like today.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Alina @ 11:23 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 4/20/2007 3:28 PM, Blogger Om Luji said…

    This is really sad. I never thought such practices against bloggers could take place in Romania. How can they deprive him of learning for just speaking his mind out. Isn't this a clear violation of human rights?
    In Egypt bloggers can face the same fate in addition to being prisoned. Just recently a 22 year old student got expelled from university and then received a 4 years sentence for criticising the university and the Egyptian president. Now another blogger is being detained for investigation and he's expected to receive a similar punishment.

     
  • At 4/20/2007 4:32 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yes, it is quite sad. But from what you write, I gather the situation is much worse in Egypt. At least here no one was imprisoned for blogging. At least not up to now.

     
  • At 4/20/2007 8:00 PM, Blogger Asghar Javed said…

    I am learning lesson from this.

     
  • At 4/21/2007 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And this is the time when we are going to make some noise!

     
  • At 4/23/2007 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I support Ariel, of course. But there are rules that support the action against him. The rules themselves are obviously wrong but Ariel knew about them and (forced or not by circumstance) agreed to them in the firt place...

    Legally, the measures are wrong based on a technicality (they were not based on a written down notice) but they still stand because of the internal rules of the high-school that Ariel agreed with.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.