Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, July 19, 2007
Verdict: Rolling Stones Concert Organizers Sucked
There is much talk everywhere about how cool the Rolling Stones concert that has taken place a couple of evenings ago in Bucharest has been. So I won't emphasize on that. I will just share some facts with you:
  • Bringing your own water/juice to the concert was prohibited (yes, really, not alcohol, water and juice).
  • There a Code Orange alert in Bucharest because of the excessive heat and doctors advise people to drink a lot of water or what other liquids they might find.
  • The preferred vendors did not have enough beverages to sell (I cannot understand how this could happen, as they of course knew how many tickets had been sold and the fact that no beverage will be allowed...)
  • Some people spent 4-5 hour enduring a lot of heat with no water!!!
  • Seat numbers on certain rows were random?!? As in 1,2,3,15,9,etc...
I remember some similar facts from the Depeche Mode concert last year...I thought they'd learn something. Same stadium, same conditions, more people deciding never to go to concerts again if they are organized in Romania. I am not a big fan of the Rolling Stones, but I would have tried it, I guess. Now I am glad I didn't go.

See some photos and learn how the photographers were treated here (Ro only, sorry).

Labels: ,

posted by Alina @ 11:39 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7/19/2007 1:02 PM, Blogger kinkminos said…

    i know the feeling... i suffered something similar at the inaugural match at the abu dhabi cricket stadium last year. no beverages were allowed to be taken in and there were no vendors of any kind inside.

    that said, swoooooooon
    i'd brave all the hassles you've detailed for a chance to hear the stones live. (at least there's a chance i can still do that, as they are still (barely) alive and together as a band). maybe one day soon they'll come to dubai.

    the band that i would most liked to have heard live (and didn't) is alas long defunct. and to think i was in london when the clash were in their ascendancy. it will prob be one of my biggest regrets on my deathbed.
    :(

    joe strummer is dead. long live joe strummer

     
  • At 7/20/2007 3:02 PM, Blogger Mihaela Lica Butler said…

    The same s...t happens in other countries too, including Germany. Actually, Germany is even worse, but no one bothers to criticize it because... well because it is Germany .

    The thing is that it's only the fault of the people who organize such events, their desire to make more money at the expense of the consumers, their lack of understanding of social realities, their lack of professionalism and I could go on forever.

     
  • At 7/20/2007 5:30 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Kinkminos, sorry to hear you missed the bands you like. I am still extremely happy I managed to go to the Depeche Mode concert...

    Mig, you are probably right...Still, they all should be criticized and they should also pay for it.

    I heard on the radio that they apologized. Someone recommended giving part of the money back. There were over 100 cases of dehidration...It did suck big time!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.