We all have our darker moments when we feel alone, left out, under appreciated, mistreated, misunderstood, and generally bad. What we'd like to do is hide away until we feel better or until something good just makes everything look bright and sunny. Most of the times, this is impossible. We have to get ourselves together and fast. And leave the hiding away and contemplating our wounds for later on.
So here's what I do at such times:
- go see a friend and listen to his stories for a while
- tell a short version of what's going on
- call my mom
- make a special play list of songs that calm me down
- stop for a second and think a bit of those with real and bigger problems
- allow my generally optimistic self to take over and drive
- enlarge the importance of other aspects of my life
- get something tasty for lunch
- buy myself something nice if I have enough time
News like this one
beats everything on the list. Congrats Sim!
What do you do in such cases? What sets you back on track?
Labels: Alina's Treats, Just Me