Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Thank you, Medsana!
FJSC professors and their assistants are pretty tolerant when it comes to shameless students in the fourth year whose faces they’ve never seen in class. They actually let us take the exams if we bring some papers at the last minute (just before the exam). Lucky us, lucky me!

But, and there’s a huge but, it seems this is not enough for me to actually get to the exam and take it. Why, you might ask. Because the almighty Medsana medical center exists! Yeah! So, one lousy appointment costs me two exams. They said it’s on the 26th at 8.30 AM so I kissed good-bye the exam I was supposed to take today…I got there at 8.25, waited for centuries to get my file and when I got to Reception, guess what, they told me my doctor wasn’t even there today. She is never there on Tuesdays! I know that, that’s why the date sounded so wired to me in the first place, but I thought I was the crazy one. What is even funnier is the fact that I actually have an appointment, on the 27! So, she said the wrong date, but made the appointment on the right one! Happy, happy, joy, joy! NOT! Never mind the fact that I wasted just enough time to have no chance of getting to the 9.00 AM exam today, I also have another exam tomorrow at 8.00 AM!!! So I’ll also kiss that one good-bye!

You might wonder why I don’t just reschedule… Well, first of all, I have to take some tests at a certain time. Not a tragedy, it won’t matter if I’m a few days late. BUT, rescheduling it would actually mean waiting for at least one week! Yeah, I have a busy doctor…

So, I am happy to announce that because of my own laziness, stupidity and job in the first place, and Medsana in the second place, I missed about 11 exams. Exams that I will have to take in a two weeks period. I have the needed time, but I’ve also become the laziest person ever and I am justifying it all by saying “Hey, I have a fulltime job!” Yet it seems I always find the time to read books as long as the lecture is not school related!

I do wonder, what happened to me after high-school? What strange event turned me from the best in my class to the lazy student I am today? I know it had something to do with me not wanting to be a journalist anymore, but I did decide to finish what I started and this started way before my “re-orientation”…What puzzles me even more is that I saw it happen to a lot of people. And the one person that bugged me the most was my friend Oana. She wasn’t only the best in her class, she was the best in the whole school! She started to faculties at the same time, Physics being one of them. At Physics she never had less then 9 or 10 out of 10 points, no matter the subject. She missed some exams at the other faculty (Computer Science, Statistics and Economic IT), but only because she had Physics exams at the same time. After that year everything changed and she became just like I did…

I guess we’re just not focusing on the important stuff!

Speaking of books to read, I just finished Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince’s Templar Revelation. What they did was to gather a lot of information regarding secret organizations, Bible research and a whole bunch of other issues and put them together to support their theory regarding Jesus Christ, Mary Magdalene and John the Baptist. The information they provide is quite interesting, but I’m not a big fan of their “Review everything we’ve said before as often as possible” writing technique. Repeating the data over and over again makes the book a bit boring and actually reminds me of the way too often Revision Time lessons in all the English books we used in secondary school and high-school.
posted by Alina @ 1:48 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 4/26/2005 3:18 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Don't skip it, it's interesting if you can choose to ignore the boring parts!

     
  • At 4/29/2005 4:52 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    Hey, that's not a nice thing to say about the teachers from the FJSC! All of them are not like those examples you gave. I'm one of the most "serious" teachers :-)

     
  • At 5/04/2005 10:45 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    It isn't? I thank God every day for teachers like that! Maybe it's not nice, but it helps! :)
    And about you being serious, I imagine you would have killed me if you knew I fell asleep for about 20 seconds during YOUR class while I was sitting right behind you!:))
    But at least you taught me one thing: if you don't know something, although the teacher has already given you that info, ask again! Especially if he is Geroge Popescu!

     
  • At 5/04/2005 5:35 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    Oh my my, I'm blushing. I should identify you, but I still have to work on that...

     
  • At 5/04/2005 5:49 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Don't try too hard!!!Like I said, I don't get to school that often. Hell, my group mates have a hard time recognizing me anyway!:))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.