Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, June 27, 2005
Girls' weekend
Did I tell you how great my mom was? Well, if I didn’t…I’m telling it now: she’s the greatest mom anyone could ever have!

I spent the weekend home, re-charging my batteries with some not-that-small-town energy and she played an important part in this complicated process. We started by going out for a beer Saturday evening and partied like girls – we mainly spent some quality time together just relaxing, drinking our cold beers and not trying to find ways to solve my problems…We went to a terrace not very far from our apartment and we staid there for about to hours.

The next morning I decided not to go back to Bucharest in the afternoon and spend another night in Ploiesti. She was really happy and said we should go out to have some ice-cream. And so we did, at about 6.30 in the evening. We walked to the McDonalds down town, ate our ice-cream and after that headed to the Chestnut Boulevard (it’s called like that because there are really lots of chestnut trees planted on each side of the boulevard) which is closed during the weekends and is turned into an all-skating-all-biking area.

We took a break from all that walking on a wooden bench watching teenagers and small children running around, rollerblading or riding their bikes. Others, older, were doing more important stuff – kissing (I agree to that) or smoking (this I have a problem with…). We then walked back home (but stopped for another half an hour in the park in front of the town hall) and we arrived at about 10.30. I had big plans about finishing this book I had started reading in the morning, but I fell asleep almost instantly…

Did I mention that she cooked everything I loved and that she bought all the fruits I preferred? Yeah, that’s my mom! One of my best friends, that’s probably why I tell her everything! And that really spoils my chances of surprising her by running away and getting married...I’d probably call her on the way to the secret getting married place to ask her what she thinks about my dress or something!
posted by Alina @ 12:03 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6/27/2005 1:38 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    it is a great post!!! your mom sounds really great and very very loving and warm. you are lucky to have her.

    you know, when we get older, our moms start really missing us and live for weekends like these. we get pre-occupied with other things, and forget that our company gives them genuine pleasure. hey after all they did for us as children, that is the least we can do. she will always see you as her little girl. i for one don't mind it all.

    glad you had fun

     
  • At 6/27/2005 2:58 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I know, Doshar, I'm truly blessed to have her! I don't mind it at all either, being a little girl forever!

     
  • At 6/27/2005 4:39 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I know these weekends are rare...But the thing i hate most about weekends is that i rarely see my blog (talking about being obsessed with a blog...)!
    I guess I don't miss this kind of weekends because we do something together every two or three weeks (my mom and I).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.