Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, December 05, 2005
The Mighty Lord of the Rigs, our very own Romanian ancestor…
According to the newspaper Ziarul (for those who don’t know, that means “Newspaper”, so really dumb, never-choose-this-for-a-name option), the wars described in the well-known book/movie took place on our countries territory about 8,000 years ago. For the Romanian readers, see the story here. For the others, I will try an English summarized version.

The chronicles of the Antiquity called the wars “Titanomachia” and placed them on the territory of Dacia Hyperboreea. According to the article, this theory is based on archeological proof of this first armed conflict on the Romanian theory, old chronicles, some of the names and stories – the war against Titans – resembling the ancient Greek mythology and the fact that the names (used for people and places) or parts of them have a meaning in Romanian, also identified with the Elvish language in the movie.

Mount Doom is identified with the Omu and Varful cu Dor peeks, while the Shire (the hobbits’ home land) is identified with Hobita de Gorj, also birth place of the famous Romanian sculptor, Brancusi.

I don’t know how much of this story is true, but it somehow figures. Maybe this would explain the ongoing crave Empires (Greek, Roman, Ottoman, Austro-Hungarian, Russian) have had to take a piece of this land over the years. Yes, quite a few have longed to have this country’s riches, drawn to it time after time. Maybe it was the very same crave that could have started such a devastating war over 8,000 years ago.
posted by Alina @ 6:49 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 12/05/2005 7:24 PM, Blogger Twain said…

    Hmmm, interesting!

     
  • At 12/05/2005 7:33 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yes, very! Actually I am very curious about how it's going to develop.

     
  • At 12/06/2005 8:09 AM, Blogger Dilip Mutum said…

    I am a Tolkien fan and this is the first time I heard that he got the inspiration from an ancient Romanian story. It would be amazing if that's true. I would love to read the original (of course have to be translated to English).

     
  • At 12/06/2005 1:58 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    It is not an old Romanian story. There are chronicles form antient times about it that place it here and some folklore songs, very old as well.
    If they publish more date, will keep you guys updated.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.