Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Discovering new ways
Well, guys, the past week and a half was quite amazing. Got back to serious reading, something like 100 pages a day (which is slightly more that the 20 pages per day I got to read in the metro before) walked a lot and started working out with K…

Let’s start with the working out. Each day I don’t start work or classes at 7 or 8, I wake up at 6.30, get wash up and get dressed in an instant and then we start jogging. Well it’s mostly walking at a fast pace cause we are both really out of shape. This happens for about an hour in our nearby park. Then we get home and do our abs, and then I get to shower first cause I’m the first to leave the house.

The reading part…Oh, well, finished Women in Love, finished Simone Beauvoir’s Beautiful Images and I am approaching the end of Memoirs of a Geisha. Long time without such an experience. It will end, cause the exam period is starting Monday.

The walking wasn’t walking only. Each day after work I took long walks with my colleagues and ended up having salads or a drink on a terrace. The drink was actually lemonade with honey which I find delicious and completely fit for this hot weather. The plan for today is for Cris and I to go shoe-shopping…

What important things I have learned:

1. When working out, you will see the most beautiful sceneries, animals, kids playing and stuff like these that require a camera in hand…

2. There still are girls that think like me, that have the same interest and they are fun to spend time with.

3. I really love lemonade if it has a lot of honey.

4. I knew this, but I was proven it is true one more time: The book is ALWAYS better than the movie.

posted by Alina @ 3:31 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 5/31/2006 4:39 PM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    "The book is always better then the movie" - Told you! :-)

    Glad you have finally had some time to yourself.

     
  • At 5/31/2006 4:44 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    `Amhed, yes, this is somtimes true. But there is also something about the 6.30 Am light that is so special and also the morning activities of little ducklings on the lake...

    Also, when you work out, early in the morning, a little asleep, things are not that bad anymore :)

    Safiya, yes, you did, everyone who read the book said so and to be honest, I really did not expect anything else. I still think the movie was pretty good though.

     
  • At 6/01/2006 8:07 AM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    Ahmad is right here. Nice post.

     
  • At 6/01/2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    alina, it's great to see the positive energy in your life... you're learning to live and to see again, something i've forgotten for a while but need to relearn from time to time...

    look after yourself, because you're special for a lot of people ;-)

     
  • At 6/02/2006 9:08 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Shi, thanks :) As I have more time, will also contribute soon, I hope...

    Bart, I am doing my best to stay positive. I don't know if this can be contagious, but I hope you will get some of this energy as you deserve it!

    I will, and thank you for your always kind words!

     
  • At 6/02/2006 2:20 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    Loved your new ways :)

    Morning jogging is one thing that I've always wanted to do.. but a lazy person like me do it once and drop it 10 times.

    I drink lemonade with honey only when I have a flu, and I'm forced to do that.. never tried it in other cases, I guess I should try and check how it tastes!

    Hope you keep the positive energy up :)

     
  • At 6/02/2006 2:39 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, Moon, I would gladly drop it sometimes. One morning, I heard K waking up and was still kind of asleel. Let me tell you I was dreaming of a foot ache to prevent me from working out :)

    As for the lemonade...hmmm love it. You should try it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.