Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006
So we love our garbage…
Walking the streets of Bucharest and of a whole bunch of other cities/towns/communes/villages I have reached this conclusion: Romanians love their garbage so much that they have a hard time letting it go, so hard that they have to practically live in it every day.

We spit on our streets, we urinate on them or worse, we throw papers, food, cigarette ends, plastic bottles, other types of bottles, clothes, condoms, shoes, everything is good to throw in each corner. Each little amount of land that does not have building on it and round the clock guards is the new trendy garbage stashing place…

And it is in our blood already! If a girl is giving people flyers in the city centre, then on a 10 square meter area you will find differently folded versions of that particular flier thrown away. In a supermarket, if they give glasses or small plastic bottles of free drinks, you will then find them left lying around everywhere…

One would think this behavior is caused by the fact that we do not have enough garbage bins. Oh, we do…Lots of them. Well, half of them are destroyed by good-willing people and are constantly replaced (in high exposure areas) or not… So you might actually do the gesture of throwing something into a bin and find it will still get on the street…

So who cares that the air around you smells like expensive perfumes, both men’s wear and women’s wear…Just look down for a second and you will get a feeling of the real atmosphere, full of garbage, spreading a strong, disgusting smell.
posted by Alina @ 12:36 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 5/03/2006 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    S-ar putea zice - fara teama de a gresi - ca suntem o natie de...JEGURI, asa-i?! Nesimtiti... mitocani... prost crescuti... nemanierati... Un soi de caveman care nu merita sa traiasca altundeva decat in jungla, nicidecum in rand cu oamenii... Asa este? Sa nu uitam zicala "Codru-i frate cu românu'!"

     
  • At 5/03/2006 5:43 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I would not go that far...I still have hopes for us. BTW...this blog is in English.

     
  • At 5/03/2006 10:26 PM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    Urrgh, i hate litter! If I see anyone drop it, I say "Excuse me, I think you've dropped something". That usually does the trick.

     
  • At 5/03/2006 11:02 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, I would have to tell that every 30 seconds at certain moments. Not really plan to try it.

     
  • At 5/04/2006 11:09 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Ahmed, at least you do have the no bin excuse...We don't even have that.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 2:38 AM, Blogger sufferwords said…

    I am in total agreement from Los Angeles

    thanks for the goodwords

    sufferwords

     
  • At 5/05/2006 12:12 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    In total agreement meaning we love our garbage all around the worls?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.