Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Saturday, June 24, 2006
Depeche Mode, a Night of Nights
Motto: A Lifetime Waiting for This Night!

There were indeed people at this concert that have been waiting for it all their life. I remember, as I was 8, groups of fans going around the cities, with rockers as major oponents. They were my age now back then and loved this completely personal style that Depeche Mode had. And still has!
I got my tickets pretty late, two days before the concert, as a result of a miracle :). Anyway, it was my first concert on a stadium and as you can see, the view of before the concert was impressive. I am going to do this a few times more a presume. Actually, if I didn't have a day job and need of it, I would really go travel around the world to see each and every "Touring the Angel" concert of Depeche Mode!
Opening acts, Sue Paparude and System. Nice, cool, but we were all waiting for them to be over. We wanted DM, not the opening acts! In the mean time, we tried to get some drinks! Or something to eat! That was quite daring of us, impulsive and with no result...All drinks finished before the actual concert started and they didn't really bring more supplies...Really dump! Bad points for those organizing the concert!
When the actual concert started, we all forgot our thirst, hunger, whatever else was bothering us. In my case, mosquitos who have a passion for me! They sang new songs, old songs, their songs...Each stirring the crowd more, each making them scream, whistle and applaud harder and louder.
Most of the pictures here are from before the concert. I was way far and did not have a professional camera. But cameras (digital, phone, whatever), were the new lighters of the night. You could see flash lights everywhere, all that crowd trying to immortalize a sight, a song, a feeling actually!

The lights and images aired were a true delight! The very Depeche Mode style, perfectly harmonized with the 21st century! There were lifelong fans, fans my age and teenagers screaming in delight. They were all captured by the show and probably thinking " I cannot believe what I am actually experiencing!"For me, Depeche Mode live had the same effect it always has. Putting me in a trance. Contacting the past, the present and all the times their music was the right tune to describe everything, what I felt, what I wanted...

My personal favorite, then, now and always: "Enjoy the silence"! They played for about 2 hours, with a 10-15 minutes encore. Yet they have so many amazing songs that I think a double in lenght show couldn't have been enough for all the songs I love!
Now, while writing this post, I realize taking photos, writing about it, this is all a failed attempt of describing a feeling, a vibe, an experience. A concert this big can only be lived!

Tags: Depeche Mode, Live Cocerts
posted by Alina @ 9:52 AM  
14 Comments:
  • At 6/24/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    You are a Depeche Mode fan??? Amazing! Such connections does blogging create!

     
  • At 6/24/2006 11:53 AM, Blogger Sim said…

    And you didn't say anything. It must have been impressive. Look when you come to Barcelona we will go to a concert. Maybe this way I can convince you to come... sigh.

     
  • At 6/24/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Sim, it was impressive! Didn't say anything??? You were online yesterday, did you not see the YIM status? That's it, since you decided to move to Spain, you forgot about me! :D

     
  • At 6/24/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    No wonder you waited. Great post.

     
  • At 6/24/2006 2:58 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    I thought taking pictures was forbidden on the stadium!

     
  • At 6/25/2006 12:25 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Shi, thanks!

    George, are you kidding? I don't think they've even tried to stop it! There were too many cell phones anyway...And on the tickets it was written you could not record it, they said nothing about photos.

     
  • At 6/25/2006 2:08 AM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    Sounds amazing, I think they would be an amazing stadium band to see.

    Geeky boast:I have a radio only promo copy of Enjoy the Silence on CD.

     
  • At 6/25/2006 11:41 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Safiya, I don't have the new version either. But I have the old one. If you want it, just say the word.

     
  • At 6/26/2006 8:39 AM, Blogger Neal said…

    That concert looks amazing, thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 6/26/2006 6:56 PM, Blogger Curly said…

    I haven't been to a concert that size for a long time, maybe a couple of years...

    It's an indescribable feeling going along to see a band that you love, and there are all those other people who love them too!

     
  • At 6/26/2006 7:10 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Neal, glad you enjoyed it.

    Curly, it is truly amazing to see that so many people share the same passion for the same thing.

     
  • At 6/27/2006 2:52 AM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    I still think the Michael Jackson concert in 1996 was the greatest from the technical point of view. That what counts in a live concert, isn't it? You already know the music and it sounds better on the CD, at home...

     
  • At 6/27/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    I couldn't say whcih was the best or the greatest. I believe it all depends on how much you like the show, on how much you have been waiting for it...Seeing a huge sheet stating "A Lifetime waiting for this night" kind of said everything about the athmosephere. And actually, that is how I felt then, that I've been wanting to be there for an enormous time, the closest i'll ever be to the band, to those singing the music that I love.

     
  • At 6/27/2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    Alina,
    I loved the 5th picture(cloud one) , the cloud looks like an eagle soaring in the sky , hiding part of the sun rays...amazing!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.