Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Sunday, July 02, 2006
Sunday Outing

Today at work, all I could think about was my soon to come (7 hours, 4 hours, 2 hours, 30 minutes) late lunch/early supper at a Turkish restaurant. I’ve been bugging K to take me to one for weeks, as I had this hunch it might be the last such outing in Bucharest. As it tool weeks to finally do it, we went to a newly discovered such restaurant which turned out to be the best I’ve been to.

I will not even try to tell you what I eat until I am familiar with the Turkish names of foods (must learn Turkish, must learn…), I will tell you though that it’s been delicious! No wonder Romanians “borrowed” half their cuisine while being subject to the Ottoman Empire!

The restaurant was the kind I like: the owner greeting all the guests, telling them the day’s specialties, taking their order and chit-chatting and then leaving it all to the employees. Weirdly, this was the first such restaurant with a Romanian name, it’s called “Dumbrava” which is some type of forest, smaller type. However, the name was not too contrasting. Rustic decorations, with some trees appearing out of nowhere near the walls. Definitely will go there again.

There was also a small incident. The bill took forever to be brought as the employees messed up the computer software and they had to do it all over again, after being showed how to and saved by the owner. The wonders of technology, still an amazing miracle to some!

posted by Alina @ 7:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.