Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, October 12, 2006
Yankee Pitcher Killed in Manhattan Plane Crash
All fears of a terrorist attack dropped

A single-engine plane carrying the Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle smashed into a 42-story building on the Upper East Side yesterday, killing Mr. Lidle and his flight instructor.

The plane, owned by Mr. Lidle, was a Cirrus SR20, a four-seat propeller plane that is popular for its performance and sleek looks. It has a fixed landing gear reminiscent of a stunt plane. With two sets of controls, officials said, either Mr. Lidle or his instructor could have been flying it.

Mr. Lidle, 34, a pilot for less than a year who was traded to the Yankees in the summer, had talked enthusiastically about flying to his home in California this week.

Full story and photos originally published in NY Times.

We can all just breathe now, parting with all the thoughts of a new terrorist attack. I am now pretty sure no air borne object will ever crash into an American building without yielding thoughts of threat and terror in everyone’s mind.

Tags: Plane Crash, New York, Manhattan, Cory Lidle

posted by Alina @ 5:38 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 10/13/2006 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Iata ca Engleza ta poate fi impecabila! Si ce daca este vorba de 'copy & paste'!?!... Bravo!

     
  • At 10/13/2006 5:58 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    True, English is perfect if you copy/paste stuff from the right source. Which are the mistakes in my part? Please tell me so that I can learn a thing or two from you and the English you don't speak/write. BTW, to feel more like a NYT reporter, how about you start being my editor for free?

     
  • At 10/14/2006 3:32 AM, Blogger Cristina Banu said…

    Ali, I think your English skills are impressing and don't let anyone tell you different.
    As for the anonymous, maybe you should bear in mind that if you can't express yourself in a correct and exhaustive English this doesn't mean that there aren't people who can. And how about telling us your identity and blog URL, if available?

     
  • At 10/14/2006 9:06 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Cris, thanks. You will find it that people in the blogosphere judge your English skills only by typos and other wrtiting mishaps. What amazes me the most is that it's not the native speakers who are that critical.

     
  • At 10/16/2006 5:09 AM, Blogger Rose said…

    The death of the player and the others was a very sad thing. The thought of this being another terriost attack probably was on a lot of folks mind too.

     
  • At 10/16/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Devil's Son said…

    i noticed this news from my country as well.
    And i think it was another terrorist attack which government tries to cover up once again~
    sad thing

     
  • At 10/17/2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    if it were a terrorist attach, no one would cover it up. It would be used as another excuse for that obnoxious war on terror that should have been ended a long time ago!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.