Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Romanians Spend Holidays in Austria and on Sunny Islands
"Austria is the most popular travel destination during winter holidays, as a rising number of Romanians choose the Tyrol or Salzburg ski travel packages, according to the data released by travel agencies.

Romanian tourists choose the travel packages to Austria mainly because of prices, which are similar to those from Prahova Valley. Another reason is the lack of snow on the ski slopes in Romania.

'However, all the packages offered in Prahova Valley for this winter season have been sold out,' says Lucian Boronea, general manager of the travel agency Accent Travel & Events from Bucharest."

Isn't this fun? There still is an extremely large number of tourists spending their holidays in Romania. Why, I have to ask? Poorer services, same prices, why not try something new? That is so common of us Romanians sometimes, of two choices, we take the closer one, regardless of what we get for our money. With everything sold out, no wonder those working in this industry are not going to improve their services...

Fragments from a ZF story.

Tags: Tourism, Travel Destinations, Romania, Romanian Tourists
posted by Alina @ 9:11 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12/19/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Ryan said…

    As you mentioned in a previous posts, 80% of the hotels/motels/cabanas in Romania have only one or two stars. So my wild guess is that Romanians don't know the meaning of quality services. Mix that with a tendency of our beloved people to think that everything abroad is expensive and you no longer have to wonder why Prahova Valley is sold out, although it has become a tradition for it to be at least as expensive as the packages abroad (I think a year or two ago it was actually cheaper to go abroad).
    Now my question to you (and yes, you may call me old-fashioned), whatever happened to good old "spending quality time with the loved ones during the holidays"? Can't we do that at home any longer? (And by home I don't mean Prahova Valley...)

     
  • At 12/19/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, Ryan, that is true for Christmas. New Year's Eve however, is the time to go crazy and have fun with your friends. And most of us make a purpose of not staying home.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.