Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, February 12, 2007
Summary of Weekend Activities
  • Took exam. French, if you are wondering. About 4 people copied everything I wrote, which was far from brilliant. I usually don't like people copying what others write, but given what our French classes looked like (a complete waste of time that is), I actually felt good knowing they would all pass.
  • Went to Carturesti. A bookstore and a tea house combined. I had a Japanese tea, sencha, cherry blossom. With a little honey. Simply delicious. It is the perfect place to shop for books, then read through them or simply read one you brought while having great tea and listening to beautiful music (it was jazz mostly when I went there with Silviana).
  • As none of my friends felt like going to a club, although we had been planning this for some time, we decided to go to the movies. We chose a really light one: the specifics were no need to think too much, funny, not complicated. So we saw Code Name: The Cleaner. Not even close to the best comedies I've seen, but the only one available on Saturday night. And it was quite fun to watch in the end.
  • As we were hungry, Silviana and I also had dinner before the movie. At a Lebanese place called Coltul Verde (Green Corner), conveniently placed on the same floor as the movie theater. Great food! Chicken with oranges and rice.
  • I eventually got to work on a translation on Sunday. Which was great, since it was kinda due this weekend. The not so great part is that I have not finished it yet.
  • Sunday night came and we went to Carmen. My first "live" opera, as the ones I've see were aired by the national TV channel years ago. It was a perfect way to end the weekend. A relaxing yet overwhelming experience. I have to do that again.

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Alina @ 8:48 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 2/12/2007 9:39 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Sounds like you've had quite a weekend. Weren't they (weekends) meant for relaxation? :)
    By the way, I have to agree with you on Carturesti. A place for both the mind and the soul, where I always return with great pleasure. Too bad the one we have here is indoors.

     
  • At 2/13/2007 1:37 AM, Blogger Fyurien said…

    Tea, jazz and a book. Sounds so nice!

     
  • At 2/13/2007 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So that is where you have been. And now...

    Shirazi

     
  • At 2/13/2007 2:18 PM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    it sounds like a lovely weekend. Especially the part about the tea, yum!

     
  • At 2/13/2007 3:11 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Safiya, it was exactly as it sounded :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.