Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, March 05, 2007
Ancient Records
Two Swedish archaeologists, Allan and Cecilia Klynne, have wrote a book on ancient records. The book focuses on interesting and sometimes weird records of the Greek and Roman ancient cultures, established in a world of great acceptance for what we would call immoral today.

The book presents the record of Roman empress Messalina who won a sexual competition after challenging the best prostitute of the time. Another strange record is that of a shepherd, known as the cleanest zoophile. The most expensive building was the castle of Nero, a Roman Emperor. The man who drank the most was a soldier of Alexander who drank 13.5 liters of wine. Unfortunately, the record also killed him.

Story in Romanian here.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Alina @ 8:44 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 3/05/2007 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nero was a crazy guy. Interesting, but crazy. He would have been fun at a party, up untill he set fire to the whole place. =)

     
  • At 3/05/2007 5:35 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, most of them were: Caligula, Messalina, even Caesar at times, the were all a little crazy and not into anything common.

    Why don't you use your id? I really don't get that part.

     
  • At 3/06/2007 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about Titus? He wasnt too bad. Btw Caesar really just means king. Julius might be more appropriate.

    Well you commented on my blog, so I thought it would be nice to return the comment. My id is not necessary, since you know its me anyway. =)

     
  • At 3/06/2007 6:35 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Caius Iulius Caesar is the only one that comes to people's mind when saying Caesar, the only one knew by that name alone. Try googling Caesar, you will see the first returned results refer to him. On the other hand, if you say Julius, no one will know who you are talking about.

    As for not using your name, I am sorry, but that just seems childish.

     
  • At 3/06/2007 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are correct actually. Just out of curiosity, I checked it out and apparently Caesar was his family name. After that the name was associated with all the other kings of Rome. Oops! Should have googled it =).

    Its not childish. I still like reading your blog and posting comments. I would just rather be subtle about it. Not that your tracker will let me be subtle. =)

     
  • At 3/07/2007 6:59 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Do as you please. Anyway I am not the only one who knows it is you.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.