Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, March 05, 2007
Cartarescu, Most Translated Romanian Writer
According to the online edition of Evenimentul Zilei, Mircea Cartarescu is the contemporary writer with the largest number of translated books. 30 of his works have been translated in 12 different languages.

After being translated into Spanish, "De ce iubim femeile" (Why do we love women") became one of last year's best sold books in Spain. The Romanian author is going to have his entire work translated into German in the near future.

Cartarescu is my absolute favorite contemporary writer. The first book I read was "Nostalgia", borrowed from my good friend Oana. Then I read most of what he had published, including two diaries.

As of 2006, the Romanian Cultural Institute is helping Romanian writers getting their works translated, as stated in the same article. The Institute's projects might bring several Romanian authors into the spotlight of the international scene.

Authors, Books, Mircea Cartarescu, Romanian Writers

Labels: , , ,

posted by Alina @ 8:33 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.