Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007
A Big Thank You
Seems today is a thank you day. First, Beatrice who got her boyfriend to translate a song for me. Second, Ryan! I owe him such a big thank you for all the nagging he's been forced to put up with.

Everyday or every other day if he's lucky he gets a list of songs on YIM from me. He's supposed to look for them and then download them. Oh, and send them to me, of course. Reason: he's got a better connection.

Now, Ryan, patient as he is, never says no. He just gets me the songs I want. If you are interested in todays list, read below:

Mustafa Sandal - Moonlight (I had no idea it was his song, although I have loved it all my life)
Mustafa Sandal - Kop (remix)
Tarkan - Hup
Tarkan - Gulumse Kaderine (this one he has already given to me)
Tarkan - Verme

A list of Turkish songs indeed. You know, Bart once asked me if there is a reason while Romanians (he knows of girls) love all things Turkish so much. I thought there was no connection, just coincidences. Then I thought about it and realized one thing: we have been under Turkish ruling for ages. I am sure all things Turkish are by now deeply embedded in our gene pool. Along with all our ancestors and all those thinking Romania is so beautiful and worthwhile they should stick for some time.

In some of us, parts of this weird gene mix are stronger. Such is my case. My favorite two cities in the world are Rome and Istanbul :)
posted by Alina @ 12:59 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 3/28/2007 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're most welcomed sweetie, if you need any other I am around. I found listening Moonlight on Youtube, I'll try the other ones as well as I need some fresh music today.

    Speaking about Turkish culture, I also feel connected for some time now and I cannot wait to go for Istanbul and Izmir this summer and get wild, heheh. So until I go think well what you want from there , baclava anyone...:P

     
  • At 3/28/2007 5:47 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I wish I could go :) Maybe I will, for a few days (my dad and his wife want me as a guide). I will finally get to see Dolmabahce :P

     
  • At 3/29/2007 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You sure Ryan isn't predicting the future, downloading the files to his computer a week in advance and then, when you request the music, he pretends to download them and plays Minesweeper to emulate the waiting time? :D

    As for the gene pool, it's not just the turks. As Seinfeld would put it, we're half roman, half dacian, half turkish, half russian, half hungarian, half arab, half german and half everything else :)

     
  • At 3/29/2007 10:35 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    No he is not. He hates half of the music he downloads for me, I am sure :D

    As for your halves, I chose a different way of expressing it: "Along with all our ancestors and all those thinking Romania is so beautiful and worthwhile they should stick for some time." Mine sounds better because it's mine :P

     
  • At 3/29/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Ryan said…

    No I don't. And I do enjoy discovering new cultures and new types of music. So I am the one that should be doing the "thank you"s. :)

     
  • At 3/29/2007 11:07 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    hehe, maybe you should see the hande yener video :P I am sure you would like the culture even better :P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.