Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Saturday, May 05, 2007
To Scratch or not to Scratch, That is the Question...

If there is one thing cats never lack, that must be personality. We all know them, saying all of us as means to provide them with food and water, suffering from something similar to a God complex, yet we all love cats for the tender moments they decide to spare once in a while, keeping us company for a few minutes.

Those of us who have had or still have a cat know that they only do things yielding benefits. They do not play cool just to amuse you. So if they decide getting out of the room is what they need, well, then you have cats using door knobs. Otherwise, without a well designed rewards program, you may kiss training them good-bye.

While most of us find it amusing to see a cat nicely making its way out of a room, the results of such actions are not always as pleasant. Cats do scratch everything, it’s a natural impulse. So having all your doors and door knobs showing scratches will end up being a major annoyance eventually. As explained by Lucy Atkinson, you have two solutions in this case: train your cat not to scratch or train it not to use the door. She gives a complete lists of tips and tricks to help you handle your cats using door knobs. Go ahead and take a look!


Labels: , ,

posted by Alina @ 1:08 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 5/05/2007 6:16 AM, Blogger Ali Ambrosio said…

    When I saw this, I thought the link for "cats using door knobs" would go back to my blog!!

    Pria has been opening door knobs on her own for the last several months. It's a challenge to deal with. We have to lock our doors from the outside so she can't get in our office, bathroom, etc.

    Hope you are doing well. :)

     
  • At 5/05/2007 7:27 AM, Blogger Asghar Javed said…

    So welcome back? But where are the stories; photographs?

     
  • At 5/05/2007 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to have a cat when I was little. Because of certain family issues and disputes, she had to go. She was too small to be able to open doors. I still miss her. I'd trade my whole family to have that cat back.

     
  • At 5/05/2007 4:10 PM, Blogger loloma said…

    Ah, finally, finally! I'm able to post a comment at last. They do not allow cats where I live, so no such problems here... ;)

     
  • At 5/06/2007 7:35 PM, Blogger Mihaela Lica Butler said…

    Welcome back, Alina! As Dio, I was expecting stories and photos but you open with a sponsored entry. He he! I guess you prepare something spectacular so you like to keep us waiting.

     
  • At 5/07/2007 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My guess, based on Alina's post-vacation activity (she usually answers comments, but this time she didn't), is that she'll post the pictures some time soon. Let her rest. That vacation must have tired her :) Or her boss found it proper to bury her in work. Hard work can only be repaid with more hard work, so I follow a sort of personal treatment against this. It's not as effective as I hoped, but it keep me floating :)

     
  • At 5/07/2007 7:30 AM, Blogger Asghar Javed said…

    I say scratch ;-)

    And See the Alexa train on QF. Your sear is reserved there.

     
  • At 5/07/2007 9:58 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hi everybody, sorry for the late reply. Radu, your guess is right, I have tons of work to do last week and some more to do for school this weekend. So except for what was really urgent, I just took a pretty long break: going out, having fun, shopping a little...

    Photos and stories form Athens are really on the way...But it is hard to select from 800 photos. Knowing me, I will select at least 200 photos, so it will take a while to upload. I am really sorry for the delay.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.