Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, July 05, 2007
Quick Update of Things I Wanted to Mention but Didin't
For lack of time reasons, mosly...

It was the USA Independence Day yesterday! Wonderful event, I am not against it. But I still don't get why there was a need for streets in Bucharest to be closed for 4th of July related events??? I doubt Washington would do the same on December 1st...We are such impostors at times and our officials are so keen on ass-kissing it amazes me...No ego people?

I've been busy with repairing my car. The situation will be over by Monday, I hope. I am car-less again, God knows for how long :( Update: Just got news. I am picking the car tomorrow. My precious Mushroom...

I've met Zu (hope you don't mind me posting) and had a wonderful time chatting over lemonade and cherry juice. She tricked me :P Note to self: choose restroom moments carefully! :P

I have found an interesting read while reading this blog. Do try it. Also Owz is back to blogging!

I heard this bewildering conversation in the morning:
Headquarters Clerk Lady: Call for address X. Who's going?
Taxi Driver: I am. 2 minutes.
.......
......
same HCL: The young lady kindly asks you to make it under to minutes.
TD: In how many minutes then?
HCL (slightly ironic): She did not say, she just mentioned having an emergecy.
TD: Then tell her I'm not going anymore.
.....
HCL: I hope that was a joke!
TD: No. I am NOT going!

I would have fired the bastard. That lady only kindly asked for something. If possible. She did not scream get here now...Why this reaction???
posted by Alina @ 2:49 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7/05/2007 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Taxis in Bucharest... thank you for this post. For one moment I did not miss romania, remembering the taxi drivers. Arf...

    Thanks a lot for the comment you left on my blog. Fortunately B&A help me forget about that and I don't complain that much, fortunately they are always there and help me get through this.

    Kisses!

     
  • At 7/06/2007 1:15 PM, Blogger Zu said…

    Nope, no problem and nope, no tricking there- it was my pleasure :-).
    It was very nice meeting you .

     
  • At 7/06/2007 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow - i'm dissapointed that Bucharest was so accomodating for the 4th July. It does seem like pandering, do you think that maybe it's a bit reactionay to the recent past being on the left of the political spectrum and now swinging to the epitomie of the right?
    It'll maybe settle in the middle at some point?
    Probably not but just a thought! :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.