As some of you know, I'm now enjoying my amazing vacation in the Netherlands. I thought I should share some prices and information with you, as it may turn out to be pretty useful in the future:
- flight to Bucharest to Dortmund/Dortmund to Bucharest - WizzAir - 270 EUR for 2 persons. No serious incidents. A 30 minutes delay because the stupid personnel of the Baneasa Airport had sent a refueling truck that had no fuel left...
- Baneasa Airport generally sucks. First they announce boarding for our flight at gates 3 and 4. One slight problem: gate 7 does not exist. Then they announce boarding at gates 1 and 2. Gate 2 is of course closed...Really poor organization! And to think that they've been closed for renovation for so long! I still prefer Otopeni.
- Meal during the flight - you can have a sandwich, drink and something sweet for 6 EUR. But their selection of sandwiches is really limited and you end up having nothing to choose from, only one type was left by the time they got to the middle of the plane.
- Train ride - round trip - Dortmund to Alkmaar - 195 EUR for 2 persons. At first I though I should have chosen a direct flight, but this turned out to be a pretty adventurous experience and I've enjoyed every minute of it.
- Dortumund airport-Dortmund Central Station: bus 440 till stop Alplerback (2.10 EUR per person) and metro U47 util the station (another 2.10 EUR per person). The ticket buying machine is quite complicated, especially when language selection is not working. Pray for people who speak English.
- Bus fare in Alkmaar - 1 EUR per person/per trip. Really great Aloe and Apple juice in the Turkish market. Really good cappuccinos. Interesting hot dogs. Yesterday I knew how to ask for a hot dog in Dutch...
That's all for now, I'll be back later with photos and info
Labels: Alina the Wanderer, Travel Destinations