Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007
It's a Crazy World we Live in!
Well, at least those of us living in Romania. Here's a piece of news reported by Bogdan (in Romanian): Two 30 year olds have been taken to the police station and fines with about 150 EUR for.....the crime of all crimes!!!...swinging in a park!!! Yes, people, the dared use the swings in the park.

When was this prohibited? I have never seen signs for NO SWINGING...The couple is now trying to get the fine annulled.

So, all the rapists, murderers, thieves and all other types of wrong-doers are caught and are now being punished, therefore, two people swinging in a park are the top priority of the Romanian Police! All thumbs down please.

Things like these are why I laugh so hard when I see the Police slogan: "Safety and Trust". Right!
posted by Alina @ 10:34 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11/27/2007 1:34 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Didn't you know? It's one of the most retarted laws passed. You're forbidden to use the swings&co in public acces parks (I mean those with no entrace fee) if you're over 14 or something close to that age. You can only sit on the benches.

     
  • At 11/27/2007 2:46 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    OMG, I had no idea...That is so stupid! But there still need to be warnings there. Not everyone is aware of this law.

    And besides, it is indeed stupid! Why ban something so nice and relaxing? I bet they can make strong enough swings that won't break if you're an adult.

    And besides, at 15 and 16, I still loved swings. Who decided you have to be a grown up at 14? What happened to 18 as an age for legally becoming an adult?

     
  • At 11/27/2007 2:50 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    I'm not sure about the age at all. Maybe it's 17, maybe it's 12; it's 18- anyway. I remember some of the parks displaying such a message a while ago...

     
  • At 11/30/2007 9:33 PM, Blogger Cristina Banu said…

    This is the most stupid law ever!! I'm 25 and I still like to swing!! Geez, good thing I heard about it now and not at the police station :P

     
  • At 12/03/2007 4:54 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Ryan, I haven't seen any. Anyway, thi s sucks!

    Cris, I believe I said something similar the first time I saw the news :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.