Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, November 05, 2007
Where to Look for Romance
I don't generally look for Romance novels specifically. But some of the best love stories I've ever heard of were in books I've read. Stories of an amazing ability to wait until the loved one is finally by your side, such as Jane Austen's Persuasion, or of love making you mad and getting you to leave your home and family in its pursuit, such as Orhan Pamuk's The New Life.

Although I recommend these series, it does not mean I haven't had my share of genuine romance novels. I had this friend in high-school, Diana, who had a huge collection and she got me into reading a few. What I will always remember is a trilogy by Sandra Donovan. A story of three girls on their search for love. They also run into a lost treasure in the end. Why the books are so important to me? Well, it was my first actual acquaintance with romance literature. And I found the name Kayla there. I loved it so much, I've been using it as a nickname ever since.

I look for romance in different places right now, in novels that do not focus so much on looks, on nice photos on the cover, but I still look for it. Because I think we need it in the end. We need to be reminded of love, of how beautiful it is and of how fairytale like it can turn out to be at times.


Labels: , , ,

posted by Alina @ 5:40 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.