Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, May 23, 2005
Therion, Vovin
About a week ago I saw this poster announcing a Therion concert in Bucharest. The first thing I did was to call my friend Oana, but she was unreachable, so I told her a few days later. I really don’t know much about the band or their music, all I know is I love Vovin…

VOVIN has its own little history in our long lost group. It started at the end of the 11th grade, the summer before our last year of high-school. Oana got the tape from a guy and loved it. She then passed it on to me and I loved it. It then reached ET who actually converted it into an MP3 format, so we took it to Bucharest with us…

But whenever I hear Vovin, I remember that summer, that period, my talks with Oana, my books (those that I read and those that I wrote), my music, my friends…

Everything I have left from that period is my friendship with Oana, some rare talks with her and some books I still read. I would love to go to this concert and re-live everything. I don’t care if there will be any Vovin song played, I don’t care if it won’t bring it all back! I just want to remember who I was and how good I was at certain things and maybe, just maybe, regain half of the power of my dreams, half of my own strength and faith in myself…

Even if I don’t go, I’ll just try to find Vovin – I wonder if I still have it in my computer??? – and relive those thoughts and feelings to nourish my brain with parts of a me that I connect too harder and harder these days…
posted by Alina @ 5:35 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 5/24/2005 11:42 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    True, it has more to do with my friends than it has to do with the band...But the music is pretty good, Vovin at least.

     
  • At 5/24/2005 1:27 PM, Blogger Curly said…

    That's odd - just clicking on 'Next Blog' randomly and I ended up here... recognised your name from Owzys blog!

    I wonder how many blogs there are?

     
  • At 5/24/2005 1:37 PM, Blogger Curly said…

    It's nice listening to music from a certain time in your life - I've made an album from each summer for the last four years!

     
  • At 5/24/2005 1:41 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I never did that. Most of my music is on my computer. And because I use shuffle, not a day goes by without being surprised by a song from a certain period of my life.But i guess making little playlists for certain periods would be quite fun actually!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.