Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, June 27, 2005
Will I ever get tired of exams?
I have an exam on the 23rd of July. After passing it, I will be a student of the Romanian-American University. Wow, me going to a private university! Who would have thought of that! I’m sure most of you don’t know that Romanian private universities were not seen as good schools a few years ago. They were associated with easy access and “paid diplomas” for lazy and rich students.

The situation changed, kind of…Some see them differently at least. It’s true, it’s easy to get in! I’ll have an English exam and I really couldn’t care less about it (then again I do practice written and spoken English on daily basis), but staying around and finishing is not always just a piece of cake.

As far as I’m concerned, state and private universities are almost the same. The major difference is how students are treated. The teachers are the same (they teach in both types of universities), the subjects are almost the same, yet students have a more rights as they pay for their schools (oh, yeah, and way better equipment in some cases). Then again, if you really want to learn something, it really doesn’t matter where you are, most of the process depends on you.

Well, starting this autumn, I’ll have the opportunity to test the real thing in what private universities are concerned and will be able to compare the two systems from a very complete perspective. Let’s wait and see!
posted by Alina @ 3:45 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 6/27/2005 7:36 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    Hmmm... you really don't know private universities... I worked for one of them (famous, part of a big company) and it's exactly the same thing, except that students are much less motivated than in the state university (because they pay right?).

    But I don't want to dissapoint you.

     
  • At 6/28/2005 10:15 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    I'll just have to see, right? This certain university is famous for installing video cameras in exam rooms to prevent cheating...I guess that's a pretty good motivation! :)
    Do you think paying ends any motivation possibility? What about students who pay to go to state univesities? I guess motivation really depends on the student, not the school.

     
  • At 6/28/2005 12:24 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    That's why I'm surprised by what you said:

    "The teachers are the same (they teach in both types of universities), the subjects are almost the same, yet students have a more rights as they pay for their schools (oh, yeah, and way better equipment in some cases)."

     
  • At 6/28/2005 12:59 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I meant rights like going to the dead because a teacher screamed at them (this was a case I heard of) and the dean telling the teacher he really cannot scream at his students. About the equipment, c'mon, do you think they have those old cameras we worked with??? Yeah, FJSC is trying hard to get better computers, better cameras, better everyting and that's why it's still the best in the journalistic field. But using a camera more than once a year helps, don't you think? I also meant more friendly secretaries. :))

     
  • At 6/28/2005 1:06 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Besides, if I pay the second faculty anyway, no matter what, why not go for the modern NY-like-building-cool-elevator uni?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.