Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Complete irony
This weekend I saw a friend of mine that I hadn’t seen in four years. We used to be very close in our first two years on high-school and kept in touch throughout the next two. And after that complete blank. Until now. I remembered asking everybody if they knew something of her, anything, and always getting the same two letters answer “No”. She also told me she had been trying for a long time to get in touch with me. And it just happened now, a month or so before her change of countries. Yeah, she’s moving to Germany! Pretty ironic! She sent me a message saying “I looked for you all these years to tell you I never wanted to loose you”. My answer to that would be: “I found you after all these years only to loose you again”. Should I say thank God for Internet right now? Yes!

Another thing she said that surprised me “You know, people that don’t really know that much stuff are somewhat happier”! It didn’t surprise me as a fact, it surprised me because I sometimes wished I could be a dumb bimbo not realizing what’s going on around her. Funny, we still are a lot alike! And we also have the same name, the same star sign, pretty much the same attitude in what certain stuff are concerned. But is it really so? Can unconsciousness pass as happiness? Can you be truly happy if you don’t really have a correct clue about what happiness and sadness are? I don’t think so!

K is back, it is 14:30 and I’m still so far away from 20.00 when I’ll see him! :) Anyway…The ugly 5-day-period is gone!
posted by Alina @ 2:42 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 9/06/2005 4:42 PM, Blogger Lavinia said…

    Yesterday on my way home I came across I girl I had known in highschool. When we were writing our finals she had an accident and fell out of the window at her mom's apartment.

    I think I should blog that story..its full of strange twists and rumours.

    Anyways she never came back to school after the fall and seeing her again was great. Just to know she was alive and well.

    Losing touch is weird but it happens more and more as you get older doesn't it?

     
  • At 9/06/2005 5:09 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yes, it does! You change habits, you change towns, you change your friends. Or just loose part of them on the way...

     
  • At 9/06/2005 11:01 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    i had a friend that lost touch with me for about 12 years!

    and she came out of the blue one day, and now we are best friends again. so don't count her out!

     
  • At 9/07/2005 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Ignorance is bliss" is what they say. And I believe that... sun is shining, sky is blue, but I'm only happy when it's complicated. Sometimes you reach a point where the easy things don't make you happy anymore. And think about one thing: our math teacher told us that knowledge is like a sphere, the more it grows the bigger the area of contact with the unknown. So the more you know, the more you don't know and the more you need to know. For some people this sphere is a point. You can easily identify them. They use to say: "From my point of view". And they use to answer the questions you would answer with a "I don't know", with a smile.

    Keep up the good work!!!

     
  • At 9/07/2005 10:11 AM, Blogger Dilip Mutum said…

    Last month I received an e-mail from an old friend - was once my roo mate in unviersity. We had lost contact for about 4 years. It was really nice to catch up - found out that he had completed his PhD, also got married with a kid. I was incredible.

    I have put up a link to ur blog from mine. Hope you don't mind.

    BTW,I love the pics on your photo blog

     
  • At 9/07/2005 11:24 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Doshar, 12 years???OK, that is really a long time! My four years are so gone down the drain! :)

    S, there is something mystical about your comment! :)) BTW, I am sure you know the song lyrics: "The more I learn/The less I know about before"

    Hello, Adam! Thanks for stopping by and for the link. Well, the photoblog will be updated, but I'm really afraid to say soon! :)

     
  • At 9/08/2005 1:22 AM, Blogger Sim said…

    Something mystical? No, no, I don't want conflicts with Radu. And yeah I know the lyrics and I guess that is right. Thank you for the comments you posted on my blog!!

     
  • At 9/08/2005 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's a name we didn't hear in quite a while. How's the old champ?

     
  • At 9/08/2005 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kidding. I don't even know you guys, but I'm bored and scrolling through the blogs in search of interesting people. Now I don't think that was a very nice joke anymore. Sorry. Like your blog by the way (pictures too :p )

     
  • At 9/08/2005 6:38 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Nevermind, anoanymous, I tend to take most "undercover" comments as a joke! :)As I am sometimes really self-loving, I will choose to think you find me interesting :)

     
  • At 9/08/2005 3:03 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hey, Irina! I do not know why, but couldn't see your comment before! Anyway, I hope you're doing great!

     
  • At 9/08/2005 3:44 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hey, Sim, don't thank me, it's my pleasure! :) And who care about conflict with Radu, he does not read our blogs!:D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.