Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, August 12, 2005
Last moment thoughts
It’s been pretty quiet for my last day here! Not that much action, I just wrote and signed all the remaining documents, took care of some other minor details and am just hanging around for the moment!

I feel better than expected, if I don’t mind the cold I have and which is getting worse instead of just getting out of my system. I’m looking forward to getting home and spending some time with my mom and maybe see my dad.

I’m supposed to go to a little club on Saturday, along with K, Cristina and a friend of K. We’re going to Pub 24, which is actually my favorite place to dance in Regie, mostly because it’s not large as other clubs and feels a bit more intimate.

What is very important is the fact that they finished repairing the sidewalks. I had lost all hope to see them completed in the near future, but I was wrong. It took them forever, but it’s ok now! Fewer idiots making stupid comments!

The campaign to gather funds for the floods victims is still floating in the river. Yet people hardly notice it anymore. Those who pass by don’t even look in that direction anymore. I guess they were counting on a more powerful reaction, like people being shocked every time they walked by. But it seems we have the ability to get used to horrifying things!

This morning I was walking by the river on my way to the subway. The sun was shinning and every thing looked so bright. Sometimes the beauty of this city strikes me. Other times it just seems dull. Today it looked great though…
posted by Alina @ 1:05 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 8/12/2005 1:32 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    good that you're able to wind down in a quiet way, quietens the nerves if anything... here, i'm trying to work through my backlog and get everything tidied up, organised ( :P ) and delegated before my holiday, which starts next week, so i think we're both doing a bit of the same...

    have a great weekend and don't be nervous, oK?

     
  • At 8/12/2005 1:33 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thanks Bart, I'll try not to be nervous! You have a great weekend as well!

     
  • At 8/12/2005 4:29 PM, Blogger olrayt said…

    not a bad day... :)

     
  • At 8/12/2005 10:30 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Here's a poem about a city - I'm assuming London? - written by William Wordsworth, 1802 (the lines got messed up in the cut and paste though...):

    Composed Upon Westminster Bridge

    Earth has not anything to show more fair:
    Dull would he be of soul who could pass by
    A sight so touching in its majesty:
    This city now doth, like a garment, wear
    The beauty of the morning; silent, bare,
    Ships, towers, domes, theatres, and temples lie
    Open unto the fields, and to the sky; All bright and glittering in the smokeless air.Never did sun more beautifully steep
    In his first splendour, valley, rock, or hill;
    Ne'er saw I, never felt, a calm so deep! The river glideth at his own sweet will:
    Dear God! the very houses seem asleep; And all that mighty heart is lying still!

     
  • At 8/13/2005 6:32 PM, Blogger saurav said…

    have a great weekend....

     
  • At 8/15/2005 8:54 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yeah, not that bad, in the end, Olrayt!

    Thanks for the poem Paul! And never mind the copy-paste problems!

    Welcome back Avik! Should I understand your blogging break is over?

     
  • At 8/15/2005 11:05 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thanx for stopping by, Anonymous! Will check the site soon.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.