Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Oana's birthday party
Last night we celebrated Oana’s birthday. A highlight of the year in itself, her birthday was also the perfect moment for K. to meet my friends. A lot of them actually - Cris, Oana and her boyfriend and Batty. As you can guess it was a very interesting evening. What you don’t know is that it went better than I expected!

I wasn’t really sure K. was going to make it, because he has been really busy lately, unlike me…So I was pretty happy when we talked on the phone and he said he’d be there. Cris wasn’t feeling very well, but we started laughing the moment we tried to choose clothes to wear. As we both had lost weight, our clothes looked really funny on us.

We first left without Oana’s present because we were so self-absorbed making sure our clothes were not falling off. But at least we felt good about our looks! K. was supposed to pick us up at a traffic light near Carrefour where we had a little problem with some wise guys imagining it was Christmas and we were dropped there to please them! Luckily, K. finally arrived and we got to the restaurant were the others were waiting for us.

At first, the conversation was a bit stiff. Then it got ok, once we solved translation issues such as K. not speaking enough Romanian (he's actually doing great in learning Romanian actually, but still needs practice) and Batty not knowing enough English (Oana summarized his knowledge as follows: “He knows all the expressions containing the word ‘fuck’”. He actually knows more, but still…).

I decided to have beer, and Oana thought she’d ask me to get drunk. They all of course started to make fun of me cause it took me two hours to drink one beer and because I usually got very dizzy when drinking more than one. Oh, well, nothing new…I drank more than one beer, did get a bit dizzy. But hey, we were all kinda dizzy, except K. who was driving and Cris, who wasn’t feeling very well.

Conclusions of the evening – I think they liked each other, K. didn’t get that much sleep last night, so I feel guilty, we all had a great time, Cris forgot about not feeling that hot for a while, Oana liked her present (I hope!) and she has some very nice green jewelry, service sucked at times (Yeah, I am a maniac in what that subject is concerned) and last but not least, it was freezing cold and we were on a terrace half of the time.
posted by Alina @ 1:30 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 8/09/2005 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So... I didn't hear no word about the way the designated driver made it trough the next day.

     
  • At 8/10/2005 10:23 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    The designated driver had a pretty rough day, actually! He was still working last night at 10 pm. I don't know how he managed to do it, I'm just proud of him! :)

     
  • At 8/10/2005 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate to break this to you , but there comes a time when the best comment is ... "no comment".

     
  • At 8/10/2005 11:21 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yeah, ok Miss Euronews! :))

     
  • At 8/10/2005 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Newsflash : I'm so NOT flattered by this new nickname...
    I'm absolutely convinced you ca do better ! After all, you're not this goddess-like extraordinary creature for nothing,are you ?
    Is this newsworthy enough for you ?

    (in regard to you permanent request to post comments on your blog : "Be carefull what you wish for... ")

     
  • At 8/10/2005 12:54 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Oana, this goddess-like creature knows what she wishes for! As I cannot always here your comments in person - thus I miss them - I would enjoy them on my blog, no matter how acid or sarcastic (read bitchy here) they might get! :))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.